1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPG problem with reading .d2v file PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Meabh, May 25, 2003.

1. Meabh

Meabh Member

Hey, I'm new to creating a VCD fom a DVD and I've run into trouble. I've created the .d2v file using DVD2AVI 176 version. When I try to open it in TMPGEnc it says it "can not open it, or is unsupported".I messed around with the Environmental settings and in the VFAPI plug-in I put everything to 0 priority. I don't think VFAPICodec was installed with though so I did it separately. Then I tried starting up the VFAPICodecV105EN as instructed by the site by double clicking on the vifpset.bat file but an error came up - can not located the INF file 'vifp.inf'. But I can see the file in the same folder so I don't know why it can't locate it. I tried to continue runing the VFAPIConEN program then trying to add the .d2v file to make it a fake .avi file so maybe TMPG would be able to recognise it but the VFAPI Reader Codec produces this box with the .d2v file I tried to open and a circle with an X in it. So I can't make the .d2v file into the .avi file. Can anybody help me, I would really appreciate your help. By the way I don't really know the computer terminogolgy so step by step help would be great, thanks a lot.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ok a .d2v file is a frameserving file so when u create a d2v file you cant close DVD2AVI!! also, have you tried copying dvd2avi.vfp from the dvd2avi folder into the TMPGEnc folder??

3. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

Last edited: May 30, 2003