1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc 2.5 plus versus TMPGEnc 3.0 Express

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by mikalm, Oct 18, 2004.

1. mikalm

mikalm Guest

I had downloaded the trial of TMPGEnc 2.5 plus and loved it. I then purchased the bundle of TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress and TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6, paying the extra money because it sounded like the 3.0 Xpress had all the features of the 2.5 plus and some extra features. I just finished my first encoding with XPress and found that it took about four times as long to encode as the 2.5 did and the encoded project took up more space than encoding with 2.5 did. The video I was recording was one hour and 20 minutes, and I was advised by DVD Author that it wouldn't fit on a single layer DVD. With 2.5, I had no trouble getting a two hour video on a single layer DVD.
    I would like to duplicate the settings that I used with 2.5 on 3.0 Xpress, but after going through the help files, I can't figure out how to do that. Can anyone help me with that?

2. ppiper

ppiper Member

thats why i dont use 3express u should of stuck with 2.5 for instance 2.5 has an option for out of standard vbr u can make a mpeg that is too big for a 700 mb cd fit out of standard but it will loose a little quality but will play fine i found u need this alot especially working with div x i had 3 express and got rid of it and got 2.5 the newest one with dvd auth 1.6 u can download the 2.5 version that doesn have a windows installer and compare the 2 the new ones newer and thats it the 2.5 version is better u could try and download the stanalone version and compare settings to see if u can get them to match good luck with it