1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc audio problems

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jasonk, Nov 25, 2001.

1. jasonk

jasonk Member

All advice on this site has been brilliant so far. Here's my current problem:
    I ran TMPGEnc and after many hours, my movie is now a VideoCD-compliant MPEG-1. It works great -- video & audio.

Next, I used TMPGEnc to cut 10 scenes from the movie and merge them into 1 (for something similar to a trailer). The video turned out well. My problem is with the audio. The first scene is good. The next scene has no audio. The remaining 8 either have no audio or it lags.

Is TMPGEnc not a good program to cut and merge? How do I solve the audio problems?

Thanks!

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Hm, TMPGEnc really has some problems when joining MPEG-1 files, specially if they're not identical in their formats (= you shouldn't have problems if you're joining files with exact same resolution, framerate, bitrate and audio bitrate). Make sure that the files you're joining, have the same values before joining them. Other option is to use program called VCDCutter.

3. asianhots

asianhots Guest

hey drd...im a newbie and i just want to know if u could please help me..... when i am decoding an "AVI" movie into mpeg to then turn into a vcd.. b4 i start decoding i get an error saying "an error occurred when audio was decoded" please help!!!!! thx

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

asianhots: Start a new thread, don't post questions to old threads that don't relate specially to your problem. And your question has been answered earlier, use search.