1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpgenc + avisynth - first frame output

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by wf2256, Aug 21, 2004.

1. wf2256

wf2256 Member

I saw one other post that is similar to this http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/91150
    However my issue isn't quite the same, I think... I'm currently only using AVISynth to add borders to my avi's so when they play back on a TV the picture isn't cut off (converting anime avi files with subtitles to dvd and need borders to keep subtitles from being chopped off). I've converted several files, but for some reason today, while converting it stopped converting all frames, now when I try using an avs file, I only get the first frame... It goes through the motions of converting (using 2-pass VBR and it scans file, then creates file), but output is only the first frame, be it a black screen, image, or "Warning: nothing to output Bframe decoder lag".

I haven't added or removed anything today (was working earlier today, got 11 avis converted) then it died... Tried uninstalling tmpgenc and reinstall it, check to see if it was a problem with AVIsynth by seeing if VirtualDub worked correctly and it did. I tried reinstalling AVIsynth, and reinstalling divx codec (found out after reinstalling divx that is it all codecs that avs and tmpgec is having issues with)... Also I try converting an avi file to make sure tmpgenc wasn't having issues, but it works correctly with just avi files...

I would like to either get tmpgenc plus and AVIsynth working correctly, or possible find another piece of software that might work as well...

This is an example of one of the avs script files I'm using:
    AviSource("c:source1.avi")
    AddBorders(0,30,0,30)

I have converted over 80 other files with a similar script and it worked just fine… I tried converting one of the files I did earlier in the day (ie one that worked) and I have the same problem with it…

----------------------------
    System
    Windows XP SP 1
    Dual Opteron 246
    2 Gigs ram
    372 Gigs Raid 0 disk space
    ATI Radeon 9800 pro
    Tyan K8W motherboard

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I have gotten the "B Frame Decoder Lag" message on the First Frame with AVISynth Files also But for me it is only the First Frame and the rest are OK....

Try this...Add this Line to your Script before the AddBorders...
    ConvertToYV12()

If that doesn"t help then see if you can get "Virtual-Dub" to read the whole AVI File (Not the avs file)...
    If Virtual-Dub Can read the AVI file without an errors then use Virtual-Dub to add the Borders and Frameserve to Tmpgenc....

If you don"t know how to add borders and to Frameserve with Virtual-Dub then let me know and I"ll explain it to you....
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004