1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Common Problems!

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by Dela, Jun 29, 2003.

1. dvr-390h

dvr-390h Member

what im trying to do is to convert a mpeg 4 movie off my dvr-390h
    but i cant do this i want to burn it to a dvd can anyone help

2. foshy

foshy Member

I'm getting frustrated with Tmpgenc plus 2.524. First, it was alright and i was able to open rmvb files and convert it to mpeg2. But I don't know what happen suddenly that today when I try to open the same file in tmpgenc, it said the files cannot be supported. I tried to uninstall the program and delete all the relevant files and reinstall it but it still says files cannot be supported. What is weirder is when I reinstall it, I no longer was asked about the registration code as it was written there when I am reinstalling it. Does anyone have the same problem and found a way to fix it? Or is there a way to totally uninstall it and return to the stage where I have never installed it?

Thanks a lot for anyone that offers help.

3. gangogt

gangogt Member

Like most users I aswell have problems with tmpgenc. I once was getting the error with ntdll.dll. I exited the program. It chance happened that I was looking at my systems processes when I noticed tmpgenc was still running. I shut it off and my ntdll.dll problem went away. I don't think this will be helpful because my life seems to be wraught with coincidence. But just in the off chance it helps.

4. xeromen

xeromen Member

Hey I recently encoded my mpeg files to m2v files using TMPGenc Plus 2.59 and burned a dvd and everything but the pictures come out jerky. Does anybody know how to fix this? Need help please.

5. BIGDENNIS

BIGDENNIS Member

I've been having some problems with a few files I've downloaded, i got 2 avi files, which make up some film, I'm trying to join them tgether so they are one big avi file and the file isn't in two parts, but everytime i try to join them, it throws up this error

Invalid sample format (error code 0x80048002)

Anyone know a way round this, cos I've never had it before?

6. ender60

ender60 Member

try virtualdub to join the files

7. the1count

the1count Member

I have the same Invalid sample format (error code 0x80048002) error as BIGDENNIS. I've already joined the two avi files together using virtual dub and I'm trying to convert to an mpg using Xpress3.0. The error is displayed after its made the first pass half way through the project. I then have no option but to cancel the project. Anyone sort this problem out?

8. aaddaamm

aaddaamm Member

waam every1,
    can anyone help me, every time i am using the software, it freezes up on me at around 69 percent and i have to encode it all over again
    please reply back
    thanks

(img)

9. pjuice014

pjuice014 Member

I'm having the same problem it will freeze at about 69% than i have to encode over again. Help will be greatly appreciated.

10. serinity

serinity Member

I'm really frustrated with TMPGEnc. At first, I got the same problem as many users before, my avi file wasn't supported by the program. So I run GSpot on the file, installed XVid. Still the same problem. Today I downloaded Virtual Dub, but it says that it couldn't locate decompressor for format XVID (unknown). So what am I doing wrong? Reading all the articles in this thread really gets me frustrated to the point that I wanna quit burning my favorite animes on DVD. I just don't understand why it is so difficult to get these avi files on DVD without the "chopped image" effect.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

11. sccy

sccy Member

Hi all, am new here.

I am having the same problems as foshy. I use the TMPGENC to convert rmvb files to dvd. I tried converting one epi successfully but then the next time it says the file cannot be open or unsupported. I have also tried unstalling and reinstalling again and again but it just doesnt work anymore. I have used it to convert Avi files to VCD and no problems occurred until recently when I want to convert files to DVD.

I wonder if foshy has solved the problem. Or anyone know how to solve this problem, please help.

Thanks in advance.

12. mgcedres

mgcedres Member

The only problem I have with TMPGEnc is that it produces shaking video. I have it set at highest quality and I still get the same problem. The shaking only occurs during fast moving action in the movie. Is there anyway I can solve this problem.

13. Mystalyn

Mystalyn Member

Just wanted to say wow and give a HUGE thanks to Dela for all the time and info put into both of these threads!!!!http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/8587
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40101
    Great step by step instructions :)
    Thanks again,
    Myst.

14. luninv

luninv Member

Tmpgenc opens the avi, but the same avi in vdr is unsupported. Tmpgenc crash.
    I solved this problem by creating an avs file that the source video is the vdr file. Then added my subtitles in virtualdubmod, start frameserver, and opened the avs file in tmpgenc.
    Works fine.

15. AVIHELL

AVIHELL Member

CORPUS 23

hello, i was wondering if any1 here can help me wid my TMPGEnc problem i have. well i started using this program 2 weeks ago, and been encoding AVI files to mpg, and went great!!! now i encountered a problem, i wanted to encode an AVI file, and when done, there was no sound, no audio, cudnt hear anything. tried again, made sure that thre was an audio source. i did everything. but still no change. i still cant hear the audio. i tried system restore but still didnt help, i then uninstalled and installed, still nothing changed. can some1 plsssssss help me solve this problem. TMPGEnc rocks, and i want to keep it that way!!!! thnx again. be very much appreciated!!!

Is the file AC3 AUDIO? It usually fusks it up,

Use DVD santa instead as that copes with these tiresome AC3 audios.

16. luninv

luninv Member

Avi Hell,
    you have a step by step, here in AfterDawn, to DEMUX the AC3 with VirtualDubMod, then you can use the BeSlice to fixe the file and then, with BeSweetGui save as MP3 or Wav or MP2 this fixedAC3 file. Use this new MP2 as source audio in TmpGEnc.
    But if you are creating a DVD, then just fixe with Beslice the Demuxed audio, create your MV2 (a file with NO Audio just Video) with TmpGEnc. After that use the TmpGEnc DVD Author , select the MV2 source video and your fixed.AC3 as audio video.
    Note that the demuxed file must be in the same directory of BeSlice.

17. drmiano

drmiano Member

I looked over the forum to see if this problem was ever addressed and couldn't find anything.

I bought TMPGEnc DVD Author 2 a few weeks ago and was enjoying it immensely. Then I took a break for about a week or two and now it won't start. As soon as I open the program, it says, "TMPGEncDVDAuthor2.exe has encountered a problem and must close."

I uninstalled it and then reinstalled. Same problem. I disabled all of my antivirus programs. Same problem. I even did a system restore back to when the program worked, and it still happened! I'm out of ideas.

I downloaded the trial version of the same company's MPEG Editor, and that program gives me the same error.

18. zinners

zinners Member

Hello all,

I'm trying to convert End of the Spears vob into VCD, using:
    Virtualdub MPEG2 v1.6.15 + VobSub v2.23 filter and TMPGEnc v3.3.8.117

When I press Start output button, it says:
    "An error occured during the output preparation. Please refer to the details below.
    File is not supported. (error code 0x80048003)"

Output preview is okay, subtitles is appears and its running well.

I've setting the Virtualdub as shown on:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/divx_with_subtitles_to_vcd.cfm

Please help me how to make it works, thank you very much :)

19. dagodan

dagodan Member

Ihave been uding tmpgenc for some time with good results. recently installed the latest nero 7. since then in author I can no longer use writing tool get buffer underrun error. can take vob files ans plug them into shrink and it works. has anyone had this problem? I have done all that I can short of uninstalling nero 7 altogether.