1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Common Problems!

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by Dela, Jun 29, 2003.

1. chooken

chooken Member

sorry double posted

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  2. IRQtheCat

IRQtheCat Member

I ran into a problem with Tmpgenc Plus 2.5 and Tmpgenc Express 3.0. After many months of converting avi to mpg, suddenly I had no sound in my encoded mpgs. Because I had made several changes to my system since my last successful encode, it took me several days of intermittent troubleshooting to solve the problem. I backed out some XP critical updates (SP2 is not installed), and uninstalled my new Adaptec SATA card and Maxtor drive. Finally I realized I had also recently upgraded ffdshow to 20041012. I uninstalled ffdshow, removed the program directory, and cleaned all references to ffdshow from the registry. I rebooted and installed ffdshow 20040828 and all returned to normal. I believe I was encoding successfully with 20041003 but jumped back two versions just to make sure. Hope this helps someone, it was driving me nuts.

3. anthonych

anthonych Member

Hi IRQtheCat i think i am experiencing the same problems you got into b4. I had been able to convert videos with TMPGENC b4 installing ffdshow 20041012 but suddenly all my videos converted have no sound after installing ffdshow 20041012. I tried to follow the steps you described (removing ffdshow 20041012, cleaning the folder, reinstalling 20040828 version, etc.) so as to recover my TMPGENC yet failed to do so. But to be more exact, i didn't follow ALL the steps described in your post - I follow all but one - "cleaned all references to FFDShow from the registry" as you decribed. It is because i have no idea of how to do it ... may you tell me how to do it?

4. MrRod

MrRod Regular member

anthonych,

to delete entries in the regisrty follow these steps,
    start>run>type regedit, click the edit tab and then click find, type ffdshow and then start, delete all that are linked to ffdshow.

5. IRQtheCat

IRQtheCat Member

Thanks MrRod for catching this.

6. anthonych

anthonych Member

Hi MrRod and IRQtheCat, sorry to tell you that I find no ffdshow registry keys in my computer. I have even uninstalled the 20040828 version. My TMPGenc still doesn't work. I also have a TMPGenc Mpeg Editor, which now cannot find any audio tracks in EVERY video files - I'm very sure since other media player programs and video converter programs BUT TMPGenc can locate and play the audio tracks (which is very strange!). It's very frustrating as I was very happy with TMPGenc products and had been using it b4 they went down ... Do you see any other means of recovering my TMPGenc programs (besides reinstalling Windows)? (BTW, I really dislike ffdshow, and will probably never use it again)

7. plasmid

plasmid Member

The other day I tried to use Tmpgenc 2.5 to edit a mpg-2 file I had captured. When I tried to open it I got the file unsupported or can not open or is not supported error. However, if I start powerVCR or PowerDVD I can open the file (or any mpeg-2 file for that matter) and edit it. I didn't have to do this in the past so I assume some setting has been altered but I have no idea which one. It seems like Tmpgenc will only use the cyberlink Mpeg-2 codec if another program is also using it.

any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Ken

8. ender60

ender60 Member

reinstall tmpgenc??

or

get and install ace mega codecs pack 6.01

or

change the priorities in the environmental settings

good luck!!

9. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

ok heres a totally new prob for ya's and may i say i think every other prob ever encured was answered in here very good forum congrates ta everyone helpin out
    ok heres my prob i encoded a movie from a bin and cue file i put the bin through nero and burned file to virtual drive and got a nero disc image no prob(by the way this is a very good way to solve the bin & cue to dvd prob alot of people are haveing) then took the N.D.I. and encoded it with tmpgenc and right at the end of the file it cuts off like 30 seconds or so i tried this twice thinking it was cause i was messing with the comp the first time i tried it the second time i didnt touch the comp i just let it do its thing and the same thing happened i thought the N.D.I. was messed up and checked it with nero show time cause it plays the N.D.I. files and it was all there not sure what does this or what to do to correct it normally i wouldnt care about the last few seconds of this movie but its the suprise ending thats getting cut off
    thanks in advance ED-D

10. devarmaya

devarmaya Member

Hi, I am having problems with TMPGenc and VirtualDUB. I made a VCD and it had no sound so I found this forum and I looked through all your suggs and tried the VirtDUB one. When I try to save it I get an error saying "No audio decompresser could be found to decompress the source audio format". I dont know what that means with being new to all this so....

11. XdjxedxdX

XdjxedxdX Regular member

i believe this thread is officially dead weve been left behind to rott
    hello hello hello
    nice echo though
    is there anybody in there....
    i know that you can hear me.....
    is there anyone at home......
    sorry floyd just felt in order cept i think if i dont get an answer to my question the comps gonna be comfterbly numb ...it will sleep with the fishes mu ha ha ha ha >:}

12. aleblanc

aleblanc Member

I have the same pb as Dave-909 ( TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 will not show up the AC-3 Plugin....
    In environmental settings.... Under where it says Dolby Digital (AC-3) Encoder Settings.
    Its saying "Cannot find the Dolby Digital (AC-3) Encoder"

Has anyone managed to fix this ?
    Thanks

13. cnevel

cnevel Member

In response to Mrod concerning Tmpgenc xpress 3.0 "Invalid sample format" error.

I had this problem when working with files with AC3 audio and fixed it by removing an ac3 filter.

you can see if this is an audio problem by checking ES (video only) on the Set Output page, if it works then this may be your problem.

I am using the Ace mega codec pack.

Using the ace dashboard, this is in the filter section, AC3 filter audio decoder 1.01a file AC3filter.ax.

I got the file name from Gspot.

Remove it using ace or use Gspot to change the merit so that it wont be used.

You can use Intervideo,Intervideo audio decoder 5.3.5.20 file Iviaudio.com or
    Moonlight, Moonlight odio dekoda 1.26b4 file mlcom.ax.

Nero came with Nero digital audio decoder, file neaudio.ax. This also works.

Ace says that the moonlight is poor quality so I am using intervideo.

14. corpuz23

corpuz23 Member

hello, i was wondering if any1 here can help me wid my TMPGEnc problem i have. well i started using this program 2 weeks ago, and been encoding avi files to mpg, and went great!!! now i encountered a problem, i wanted to encode and avi file when done, there was no sound, no audio, cudnt hear anything. tried again, made sure that thre was an audio source. i did everything. but still no change. i still cant hear the audio. i tried system restore but still didnt help, i then uninstalled and installed, still nothing changed. can some1 plsssssss help me solve this problem. TMPGEnc rocks, and i want to keep it that way!!!! thnx again. be very much appreciated!!!

15. corpuz23

corpuz23 Member

hello, i was wondering if any1 here can help me wid my TMPGEnc problem i have. well i started using this program 2 weeks ago, and been encoding avi files to mpg, and went great!!! now i encountered a problem, i wanted to encode and avi file when done, there was no sound, no audio, cudnt hear anything. tried again, made sure that thre was an audio source. i did everything. but still no change. i still cant hear the audio. i tried system restore but still didnt help, i then uninstalled and installed, still nothing changed. can some1 plsssssss help me solve this problem. TMPGEnc rocks, and i want to keep it that way!!!! thnx again. be very much appreciated!!!

16. corpuz23

corpuz23 Member

hello, i was wondering if any1 here can help me wid my TMPGEnc problem i have. well i started using this program 2 weeks ago, and been encoding avi files to mpg, and went great!!! now i encountered a problem, i wanted to encode an avi file, and when done, there was no sound, no audio, cudnt hear anything. tried again, made sure that thre was an audio source. i did everything. but still no change. i still cant hear the audio. i tried system restore but still didnt help, i then uninstalled and installed, still nothing changed. can some1 plsssssss help me solve this problem. TMPGEnc rocks, and i want to keep it that way!!!! thnx again. be very much appreciated!!!

17. Norverner

Norverner Member

Please could someone help me with my problem?????

I have got to the last stage and it will not let me reduce the size of the file to fit on the dvd?!?!?

When it gets to the bitrate settings - I cant change the 'make file size' bit!?!?

any ideas????

18. sledge624

sledge624 Member

Hey there. I was hoping someone could help me. I've been using TMPGEnc Plus for a little while now and just today I got an unfamilar error message. It was "index of scan line is out of range". Does this mean anything to anyone. I'm trying to encode avi to svcd. Done it many times before never had this problem. Can someone help me please????

19. fearforce

fearforce Member

INDEX OF LINE OUT OF SOURCE (or something like that)

Ok so I had the problem listed as no. 10 in the problems list(TMPGEnc over estimating size)!

Followed the resolution as per the letter and BANG sorted could then adjust video bitrate to the right size for 1 DVD!

HOWEVER this is not where my problems ended, after running the project and waiting 6 hours! when the analyisation hit 50% it stopped and gave this message or similar- INDEX OF SOURCE OUT OF LINE!

Please help I am at my witts end with TMPGEnc and you guys all rave that its the best, so please someone prove this!

Thanks in advance

Fear

20. J4gUaR

J4gUaR Guest

Could someone more poficient help me please..?

This is the problem: I use TMPGEnc and usually success but sometimes audio doesn't encode. I use lameMP3 dcoder and i get "Illegal MPEG audiostream!" error. What's this? What am I doing wrong?