1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGenc convert avi with ac3 soundtrack problem

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by darkstate, Apr 26, 2004.

1. darkstate

darkstate Member

Iv'e been using this mighty fine software for a while now without any problems untill now,the problem is i've got an avi file with an ac3 soundtrack on it that TMPGEnc doesn't like, it gives me and error reguarding the sound,do i need to set any of the enviroment settings to solve this problem or do i need to add a add on to the program?
    It plays fine on my p.c,loud and clear but i cant convert it to dvd-r,is there a solution to this?
    i have tried downloading virtual dub and using this program to convert it but with no luck ,i get picture but no sound when i run it through TMPGEnc.
    These are the instructions i have used with VIRTUAL DUB may be this is incorrect....
    5. The error occured when ACM was initialized.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACM stands for Audio Compression Manager so we already know the problem is with the audio in the source file! It could be a codec problem, you should get gspot to check the file if its an avi. Also, you can try using VirtualDUB to decompres the audio on an avi file, this has fixed the problem in the past! So open the avi in VirtualDUB and do the following...

1. Click Video - Direct Stream Copy.
    2. Click Audio - Full Processing Mode.
    3. Click Audio - Compression. Select <No compression (PCM)> and click ok!
    4. Click File - Save AVI and try it with TMPGEnc.
    is there an alternative to this?
    many thanks for your time.
    paul

Last edited: Apr 27, 2004
  2. whassup

whassup Regular member

On the TMPGEnc web-site, there's an AC3 plug-in. Haven't used it myself so I don't know if it works.

I just use another encoder. ProCoder, Mainconcept, etc will all do the job for you.