1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpgenc crashing

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Avatar2k, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Avatar2k

ok for some time now i have used tmpgenc virtual dub and a series of codecs and codec finders but i seem to come across something very odd at first tmpgenc would not convert the picture but i still had sound because i prosume i used virtual dub after wiping my computer clean and then reinstalling tmpgenc i got my picture back then i dont know what i did but everytime i try to but in the audio file or any file for that matter in the audio input section the computer freezes i am starting to give up with this now even though i dont like anything to defeat me if anyone has any ideas or suggestions then please post them thanks i will be watching the forums with antisipation Avatar2k

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you can allways use Tmpgenc to encode the Video and Just use something else to encode the audio...I never used Tmpgenc"s audio encoder anyways because it was so low Quality so all you need to do is extract the audio from your AVI file useing Virtual Dub then use something like "headac3he" to encode the audio to say "Mpeg1 Layer 2 audio" for VCD or SVCD then use Tmpgenc"s Simple Multiplex to join the Audio and Video files together, then burn as normal...Cheers