1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpgenc...disk capacity =(

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Will27, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Will27

Will27 Guest

have been trying to encode divx files with about 700mb in size, exactly the way the guide states ( http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_avi_to_dvd.cfm ) . I m having a problem though. When i am either going to NTSC or PAL I cant seem to go under the disk capacity. I try to lower the vid under 2000 for 720 x 480 but u cant cause it will be low res. And i was told i shouldnt lower the audio under 384. So now i cant seem to get the disk capactiy under 100. I have tried NTC or PAL low res but u cant use 720 x 480 , which causes problems b/c u TMPG author and IFO edit dont let u author dvd files with 352 x 480. What should i do? Should i lower the audio rate, which sometimes wont even do the trick at 160. Does it even matter if i go a little over the disk capacity? SHould I split the divx file? I would like to have these divx flies on one dvd with decent quality. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me =). Im sure there is a solution to this .

2. whassup

whassup Regular member

Which disk capacity? The 4.489 GB for a DVD-R or your own HD?

If it's the DVD-R capacity, I always use a bitrate calculator such as DVTool. No guessing involved, you can get max capacity every time.

If it's your HD, well, you know the answer. ;)

3. aldav45

aldav45 Member

COZZA 1987 quoted this in the newbie site:::::::::

[bold]The manufacturer's say they are 4.7GB, basiclly sayying 1mb = 1000kb, but in fact 1mb = 1024kb, so that is basically the difference from 4.7 to 4.3[/bold]

4. memcco

memcco Regular member

if divx, you need to rip the audio to wav with virtual dub first...then run it through tmpge plus choosing the divx video and then the audio wav you created..in vdub under video choose full processing but no compression...under audio same thing but choose conversion and select 48000, click ok and go to file and slide down to save wav. see what size you have...run through TMPGE DVD Author...if too big try dvd2one or shrink. that's the nuts & bolts of it.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2004