1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpgenc dvd author crashes

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by CASIUS, Dec 2, 2004.

1. CASIUS

CASIUS Member

hiya folks , i was wondering if anyone knows why all of a sudden for no apparent reason my tmpgenc dvd author 1.6 crashes whilst burning a dvd in the writing tool option? its doing my head in , a error message says " could be due to heavy tasks " or "check media is ok " which i have done and its fine , anyone had same trouble?? cheers

2. robguy

robguy Member

I have a similar problem with TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5.26.73. In my case, the DVD is written, but Author's DVD writing tool crashes after the DVD is burned and ejected from the drive and the user is asked to "exit the application." The main Author program isn't affected, just the writing tool. I keep hoping Pegasys will post some kind of patch...eventually. The program's DVD writing tool worked just fine before XP2, but not now.

I suspect it might be due to the installation of XP Service Pack 2, a bug that Pegasys has yet to acknowledge. It could be that Author 1.6 might be immune, but 1.5.26.73 sure isn't.

3. CASIUS

CASIUS Member

ahhhha i never thought about the dang perils of service pack poo ! its poop , thanks for the reply mate !

4. robguy

robguy Member

You're welcome.

Here's the exact message I get:

DVD Writing Tool
    ERror signature
    AppName: dvdwriter.exe AppVer: 1.0.1.25 ModName: dvdburn.dll
    ModVer: 1.0.1.25 Offset: 00002649

Then the DVD Writing Tools offers to save a text error log, but doesn't.

5. CASIUS

CASIUS Member

i get a total diggerent message , " has to stop due to heavy task " , " check media is ok "! which ive done and its fine. cheers

6. hallieq

hallieq Guest

Interesting... I have been using author a few times, usually I create VOB files from HDTV, shrink with DVD Shrink to fit on 4.7GB. But DVD Shrink will not shrink Menus creater in TMPGenc Author. I found it is necessary to create an ISO from the DVD Writer part of Author. This is where I strike the problem with the DVD writer. It starts creating the ISO OK, up to 12%, then hangs. Comes out with a error message - File not found or ", and that's it, incomplete sentence in the dialog box....
    A few seconds later the dvdburn.dll message appears.

Guess what? I installed XP SP2 a while ago.

All other apps are running OK, but this is the first time I have tried to create an ISO with the DVD writer. So it may not be SP2.

I will hunt out another app that will convert my already created VOBs into an ISO.

Good luck.