Hi all, I'm new to the forums, and a newbie at DVD burning in general but I've recently discovered something that may be valuable to other n00bs. Many people have complained that TmpgEnc can take 14 hours or longer to encode a movie to MPEG. I found that the solution is to set the task priority "when on idle" to NORMAL. This setting is found on the 3rd tab in the encode section of the app. What I was doing during long encodes (and what i suspect many others do) is to shrink the app down, or bring some other window up to surf the web or whatever, which causes the Windows OS to background the process, so less CPU time gets devoted to encoding. You can see this by bringing up the Task Manager and viewing the Process tab, sort by CPU. When I made this change I saw a 66% reduction in encode time, so it should whittle 14 hrs down to 3-3.5 hrs. And this is with 2-pass VBR, if you can figure out how to do 1-pass (working on it) then it should get the encode time down to 1.5-2 hrs. hope this helps!