1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Error Converting SVCD to VCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by entarno, Mar 26, 2003.

1. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

sorry i have been away a while so i couldnt answer before now, the filename of the plugin you need to download is M2V vfp-0.6.28.izh
    all you nedd to do to use it is unzip it to your TMPGenc folder and run M2Vconf.exe this brings up the configuration window, all you really need to do is click ok and the plugin should be activated, then just use TMPGenc as normal.

2. entarno

entarno Member

FIXIT, Thank you, the plugin seems to work. I didn't get the unsupported error and I although I didn't go through the entire process of coverting the file to vcd yet, I did let TMPGEnc go through the first stage of loading the file and it looks like its working. Thanks!

Jnihil - Any further comments on the codec in Media Player? Just wondering. Thanks for your help as well.

3. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

EXtracted from the URL:

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/e_hist2.html

"TMPGEnc Plus 2.57 reads MPEG-2 files only with specific official commercial legal MPEG-2 decoders made by CyberLink, Ligos, and Sony."

Perhaps your *trial* version of PowerDVD isn't recognised by TMPGEnc.

jnihil.