1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpgenc error ?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by nigel2000, Feb 24, 2003.

1. nigel2000

nigel2000 Member

i am ripping a dvd, everything ok except after using dvd2avi i used tmpgenc,every time i select the video file, i get unsupported file or cannot open the file. i used the same method the other day and it worked, only thing different i have all the ripped files on another drive. can anybody give me a clue, thanks

2. Sefy

Sefy Guest

I Suggest you check that you have DVD2AVI.VFP and TMPGEnc.VFP located in the SAME folder, which should be where your TMPGEnc.EXE is.

3. nigel2000

nigel2000 Member

the tmpgenc.exe is in program files folder and the dvd2avi.vfp and tmpgenc.vfp are in the tmpgenc folder

4. Sefy

Sefy Guest

They must all be in the SAME folder, so if it's:
    C:\Program Files\TMPGEnc

ALL files must be there!
    I Strongly recommand you re-download TMPGEnc and DVD2AVI, and unzip them to the same folder, and then re-create the D2V/WAV files, that should work

5. nigel2000

nigel2000 Member

i have re-downloaded these progs and unzipped them to c:\progfiles then re-ripped the dvd but still came up with cannot open file or unsupported in tmpgenc

6. Sefy

Sefy Guest

Which version of DVD2AVI are you using ? cause I got a feeling you are using a .VFP which does not belong to the same version your DVD2AVI is.