1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc exact settings

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by RyanZ06, Jun 10, 2004.

1. RyanZ06

RyanZ06 Guest

Can some 1 give me the best settings for time and quality so middle mark.

Eg Motion seacrh precison: Higher Picture not highest and what about Rate control mode:

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

I dunno,
    this is the DivX forum, you want VCD/SVCD I think...
    You should read the TMPGEnc guide first.
    Regards

3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

2 pass vbr 2000kbps for 2 anime episodes on 1 cd (max out the space for your optical media). HVS Good quant matrix ( i'm not sure what interlace source would result using this Custom matrix, using this compression is better without losing much detail, and the default at this bitrate will result in a little artifact here and there. Bach1 is good too.

if size doesn't matters use cq at 85 don't go lower 70.

search here for those matrix, HVS can be found bundled with xvid koepi's build

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=a74f3a9246439bf78464dbb74bed395c&threadid=76021

23.976 fps with 3:2 pulldown during playback if your source is 30fps try telecide.

motion estimate, i put some avisynth filters, that will slow down a bit, so high quality will take 1 hour 50 minutes for 23 minutes video and motion estimate 1h30min.

3 b-frame

4. RyanZ06

RyanZ06 Guest

It is, i have 2 hour .avi to convert to dvd mpeg.

Looked at guide and used what it says but took like 15 hours, i used highest though.

Its just some1 reccommend not to use 2 VBR thing

5. shiroh

shiroh Guest

vbr is good if you want the best maximum quality with low bitrate, and i think 2000kbps for 720x480 is low, i'm making xsvcd.

cbr is a no no, unless its 8000kbps

cq is only a little faster. if use 2pass vbr try enabling cache.

highest will give you 15 hours, try motion estimate, no visible differences on tv and while playback