1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGenc Freezes

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by GAloys, Jan 21, 2004.

1. GAloys

GAloys Member

Hello. I captured a movie to AVI using VirtualVCR and Huffyuv encoding (setting 720x480, YUY2, 30 fps). Can play the movie(with sound) back using Windows Media Player. Downloaded the trial TMPGenc and attempted to convert file to MPEG2. When I select the video file to convert, a menu comes up with "Judging field order". Each time, it halts at 8%. I can't seem to get further and other than being able to set the output format (NTSC-DVD) and audio option(LPCM/MPEG), there are no other parameters available to choose from. Any ideas on what is wrong ? Thanks. Gordon

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What you should do is NOT use the Wizard to load your File into Tmpgenc..So when you start Tmpgenc and the WiZard Pops up ,Close it and use Load your File into Tmpgenc There...You will have to Load the "Unlock.mcf" template to unlock the setting so you can adjust them the way you want..But be ware that Useing Tmpgenc is for more advanced users and ones who know what they are doing ,Were as the WiZard is for Newbies Cuz it does all of the Settings for you...Cheers