1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by HeemBoi, Apr 5, 2007.

1. HeemBoi

HeemBoi Member

This might have been discussed in another thread. but i have yet to find anything.

i have a standalone dvd player that wont play vcds. i have alot of movies on 2 vcd cds. i want to put each movie onto 1 dvd that will play in the standalone player.

i followed this guide:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vcd_to_dvd-r.cfm

i have demuxed the mpeg and reencoded the audio using TMPGEnc with tooLame.exe and SSRC.exe (like the tutorial says)

Now it's time to author the dvd.

i tried TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6. i can add the video, but it wont accept the audio. gives me an error

I followed all the directions in the guide

plz help

2. georgeluv

georgeluv Regular member

load the vcds into a virtual cd drive with dameon tools, then open up the vcd's folders and find the biggest file in there, i forget wich one it is. it wont have ".mpg" after it but if you double click it it will still play in windows media player. copy that bigass file onto your desktop. now rename it "XXXXXXXX.mpg". now open tmpgenc xpress and just load that whole big file. check the preview window to make sure the audio is in sync and everything (vcds have realy bad sync issues when converted sometimes) then encode it to m2v. tmpgenc xpress should let you convert the audio to whaetevr dvd compliant format you want wile it converts the video.

if you are using tmpgenc 2.5 i dont know what to tell you i dont mess with that prog. xpres is just as good imo. some people claim otherwise.