1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc no sound from my XVID

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by bikekid8, Oct 3, 2003.

1. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

ok, i got the xvid and all of the needed codecs but i couldnt get the audio on the mpeg, it encoded good and everything but for some reason the audio did not come out. instead of being 1500 mb's like it should it was only 900, cuz no audio!! what the hell???? help me dela!!!

2. FIXIT

FIXIT Regular member

what type of audio stream is in the xvid, and what are you using to convert to mpeg, sounds to me like the audio could be AC3.

3. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

Well I am no expert at this and Dela may have a quicker/easier way but this is what I do when this happens to me. There is a utility called DECOMPRESS that comes with the freeware "AVI2VCD". It does something to the audio portion of the file. Run your XVID file through this and then take the output of that and run it through TMPGENC like you would normally. It works for me. Good luck!!

4. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

the audio, according to G-Spot is 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3

thanx for help, i will try that program!!

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Your Audio is VBR Mp3 and Tmpgenc does not support this Format so what you should do is Just extract the audio to Wav format useing Virtual Dub then use the Wav file as your Audio source....Cheers

6. bikekid8

bikekid8 Regular member

ok, another problem, my movie is widescreen, how do i make it widescree using TMPGEnc cuz it always comes out to be fullscreen(using the wizard is preferred)

7. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

I dont use the wizard but the setting you are looking for is under SETTINGS/ADVANCED. Click the down arrow next to SOURCE ASPECT RATIO. You want to use 16:9 525 LINES for NTSC or 16:9 625 LINES for PAL. Hope this helps.

8. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

bikekid8, click setting, click the advanced tab and change "video arrange method" to "full screen (keep aspect ratio)" and that will sort that problem.

As for problems with audio, I recommend people setup tooLame and SSRC as an external audio encoder and frequency convertor in TMPGEnc!