1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc not reading my .d2v file i've saved

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by newbierip, Sep 6, 2002.

1. newbierip

newbierip Guest

ok, i followed the guide to the t and after saving my project with DVD2AVI, the TMPGEnc is not reading my project save as a .d2v file. i've check it and it is? i'm using windows xp, it doesn't have the .d2v as an extension on the file name but TMPGEnc read my audio just fine. could someone help me, what am i doing wrong? any responses would be appreciated.

2. jerameez

jerameez Member

I too am having the same problems. I also followed the guide perfectly and TMPGEnc is not reading my .d2v file.

3. newbierip

newbierip Guest

ok i figured it out, you need to download dvd2avi.vfp plugin.

Put the latest DVD2AVI.exe and the vfp plugin in the same folder together and run the exe.
    Note: DVD2AVI.VFP is a plugin for DVD2AVI that is registered in Windows every time you run the exe. Now if you happen to MOVE the program and the VFP file, then Windows doesn't know where it is. Therefore TMPGEnc will say not the .d2v you create is not supported. So put DVD2AVI in a place where you won't move it.

you can get it here

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You actually need to have this:

-TMPGEnc fully installed
    -matching version of TMPGEnv VFAPI plugin from http://www.tmpgenc.net/
    -DVD2AVI installed fully (extracted the ZIP and copied _all_ the files into same directory) -- the DVD2AVI package is the one that contains the dvd2avi.vfp file.