1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc output problem output cant be opened

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by darklen, Dec 29, 2003.

1. darklen

darklen Member

I have read alot of forums looking for an answere to my problem. I have worked with TMPGEnc alot and never had problems until this. When I try to encode xvid file to mpeg-1 the output file is unreadable. It is just a FILE. I can view it by right clicking on it and choosing mediaplayer and it plays great. It seems as though after the file is done encoding TMPGEnc doesnt finalize it. Now I can't burn these files to VCD. Another note-- I can encode other xvid files and some work and some dont the outcome is just a FILE. I have uninstalled and reinstalled TMPGEnc. I have intstalled TMPGEnc plus. nothing works. I use Gspot on the files and i have the correct codecs. I ripp the audio to wav like usual. Can anyone help me?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

So you can Play these Files with media player???
    If the problem is Just that Tmpgenc doesn"t write the Sequence end code then all you need to do is Run the File through the Simple Multiplex" or the "Merge & cut" which will Re-write the header and the Sequence end code ,Just make sure you choose the correct setting from the Drop down menu....Cheers

PS: Tmpgenc doesn"t Like Files encoded with the XviD codec so you will Probably get better results if you Frameserved the file to tmpgenc with Virtual-Dub or AVISynth....