1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Plus Merging mpegs help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by TAURIAN7, Oct 21, 2003.

1. TAURIAN7

TAURIAN7 Guest

I was using TMPGEnc Plus to merge 3 SVCD Clips but after i merged them the picture size was alot smaller from the original SVCD's, I transfered the videos to my hard drive becuz they were on Cd's, does anyone know why the picture would be smaller in size after this merge and cut procedure,

I would really Appreciate any help on this subject
    Thank you
    TAURIAN7

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2003
  2. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

Make sure you select the MPEG-2 for SVCD option (specifically, "MPEG-2 Super VideoCD (VBR)") in TMPGEnc's Merge & Cut window.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

And Tmpgenc"s Merge and Cut will NOT effect the resolution or aspect ration of your Files No matter what setting you used so I think you must be imagineing things....Unless you actually re-encoded the files ...

4. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

Good point Minion...lol. Merging can't change resolution because it simply copies bits. Perhaps, Taurian, the movies appear smaller because the computer monitor has such great resolution (i.e. a standard VCD fills about 1/2 of my 19" monitor.)

P.S. This means that when you burn the combined file to DVD, the resolution will be that of the original SVCDs.
    One quick question for any experts reading: What happens when you try to merge MPEG-2 files of different resolutions?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Comp 1: Dell Inspiron P4 2.4Ghz / 512 MB RAM with 24x CD-RW and Firewire In, SVideo Out running XP Pro
    Comp 2: Dell Dimension P3 550Mhz / 384MB RAM with old 2x CD-RW running XP Home.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2003
  5. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can"t merge Mpeg2 files of Different resolutions unless you are going to reencode the files but that isn"t really mergeing...Cheers

6. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

Thanks! Good luck with your merging!