1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Plus Problems

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by fearforce, Feb 23, 2005.

1. fearforce

fearforce Member

INDEX OF LINE OUT OF SOURCE (or something like that)

Ok so I had the problem listed as no. 10 in the problems list(TMPGEnc over estimating size)!

Followed the resolution as per the letter and BANG sorted could then adjust video bitrate to the right size for 1 DVD!

HOWEVER this is not where my problems ended, after running the project and waiting 6 hours! when the analyisation hit 50% it stopped and gave this message or similar- INDEX OF SOURCE OUT OF LINE!

Please help I am at my witts end with TMPGEnc and you guys all rave that its the best, so please someone prove this!

Thanks in advance

Fear

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Which kind of source is it, a mpeg, an AVI or what else?
    I solved I similar problem on a mpeg by doing MPEG Tools___Merge & Cut cutting from 00:00,01 to the end (therefore, losing nothing). It came from an AVI thet I converted (I receive no error, first) with TMPGenc 2.5.
    If the problem comes from an AVI, it might be more serious. You can try with VirtualDub, but I'm afraid it might not work (it happpens with some corrupted file...)

3. fearforce

fearforce Member

It is an AVI file and no it is not corrupt as I have converted it and burned it near perfectly with winavi!

However as with the original post i AM NO MASTER AT CONVERTING AND BURNING DVD'S JUST STARTED REALLY BUT HAVE SPENT HOURS TRAWLING THROUGH FORUMS SUCH AS THIS TO FIND ANSWERS!

hAVE PROBABLY DOWNLOADED, sorry just noticed caps lock! I have downloaded nearly every avi to dvd app known to man!

But as stated in my original thread the masters of this rave about TMPGEnc and I want to use it if its the best!

p.s. winavi takes only 30 min to an hour to convert a 700 mb file and the quality is A OK!

Do I really want to wait 6 or 7 hours or more for TMPGEnc PROVE to me EXperts that this is the best and why.

Regards

Fear

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

as the old saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if your happy with the results from winavi then by all means stick with it, but if quality is everything to you then i suggest you wait the 6 or 7 hours, you'll really notice the improved quality.

couple of things you can do to speed up the encode for tmpgenc is goto>>option menu>>task priority and set it to high priority both when active and not active. also when selecting the 'motion search precision' set it to high quality not highest because IMHO(and alot of others) i cant tell the difference between 'high quality' or 'highest quality', well except the few more hours it takes to complete an encode on highest qual that is ;).

cheerz

EDIT:.
    sorry just noticed this....as aldaco said there is a corruption in the file somewhere, it may be a frame or two thats corrupt or the actual index of the source is corrupted...you can try a program called divfix which will scan the source avi for errors(if it finds any corrupt frames it will cut them out) and rebuild the index of the avi. then try to encode with tmpgenc again with the new file divfix creates. get dixfix here:. http://download.divfix.maxeline.com/DivFix110.zip

you can also try one other thing. goto the option menu>>enviromental setting...>>VFAPI plug-in>>right click on the direct show multimedia reader and raise the priority to 1 or 2 and see if that helps.

tmpgenc might be a bit daunting when you first start using it, but just keep at it and you'll get the hang of it, its well worth investing some time learning all the ins and out of tmpgenc because the output quality is brilliant.

cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2005
  5. fearforce

fearforce Member

ok have tried your divx cleaner and also changed the settings as you reccomended

have a version now but no sound!

and yes i did have audio and video selected!

I really am getting racked off with TEMPEnc as it sukks for being user friendly! and quality well to be honest I really cant see any difference in the quality to WINAVI or SUPER DVD CREATOR and still takes forever so I will give someone on this forum a chance to show me!

You all rave about it but why ? it doesnt work half the time!

Exasperatedly waiting for a proffesionals advice

see ya

Fear

6. shiroh

shiroh Guest

7. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

tmpgenc doesnt convert compressed audio properly or simply doesnt convert it at all, it can convert ac3 audio directly if you install 'ac3 acm decompressor' by fcchandler...get that here:. http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/AC3ACM/AC3ACM.zip but if your sources audio is mp3(which is most common) then you'll have to decompress the source audio to wav. to do this you'll need virtualdub(choose a mirror here):. http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1.5.10.zip?download

open your video in virtualdub, then goto the audio menu and make sure 'full processing mode' is selected, then goto the file menu and select 'save WAV', give the output wav audio a name then let vdub convert it. when done load up the original video file into tmpgenc as you normally would but as the audio source select the wav file that vdub has created...the output mpeg will now have sound.

as i said m8, if winavi produces quality that looks good enough for you then stick with it but there are really only 4 encoders on the market that will produce top notch quality, these are tmpgenc, mainconcept, canopus procoder and cinema craft encoder....the first 3 take a bit of learning to get your head around while cce is the most complicated of the lot but said to give the best results(but the price tag doesnt justify the quality).

tmpgenc common problems:.
    http://www.gromkov.com/faq/faq2004-0065.html

cheers