1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Plus produces jerky results

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Tanksta, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Tanksta

Tanksta Regular member

I have taken the ac3 audio from the avi file using VirtualDubMod and now trying to convert the avi file (video stream) using TMPGEnc and joining the audio and video back together at the end. The audio and video is fine and watchable but at now and again the video is a bit jerky just for a second or two. I have the correct codec installed according to Gspot and the avi file is 23.976.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Did you use Settings___Video___Motion Search Precision = High Quality (very slow) instead of the default (normal)?

I don't know, usually TMPGenc has good results with AVIs. Are you sure the mpeg's quality is so worse than the original AVI?

3. Tanksta

Tanksta Regular member

I set the video __ motion search precision to normal and the quality of the mpeg was very good except the jerks.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

When encodeing a 23.976fps source file to DVD you have to use the "3:2 pulldown When Playback" setting cuz if you don"t you will get jumpy Playback...

If you use the "WiZard" to load in your Files and use the DVD templates then tmpgenc will automaticly set the Frame rate and 3:2 pulldown settings for you which should solve you Jumpy playback Problems....

Cheers