1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpgenc problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by frit, Aug 11, 2004.

1. frit

frit Member

when i have split my mpg file to an audio and video file, i have to select my video,audio and output source. i can load my audio file but when i load my videofile i get an error that he can't open it or that it's unsupported .. ?

please help me

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What type of Audio file is It????

Whatever audio format it is it must be decoded to Wav format because tmpgenc doesn"t like Compressed audio formats....

Cheers

3. frit

frit Member

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you are getting a "Can Not Open or Unsupported" message in Tmpgenc with your Video file you can usually fix this By going to "Options" to "Enviromental settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and raiseing the Priority of the "Direct show File Reader" to "2"....

5. frit

frit Member

nope, no difference ... And when i browse to open the audio and videofile i must set it to *all files because he can't see the audio and the videofile otherwise

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Then what type of files are these??? they can"t be Mpeg files or AVI files or prettymuch any Common format because if it was you wouldn"t have to set it to "All Files"....

7. frit

frit Member

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well a M2V file is a Mpeg2 Video only file for which you need to have specific decoders installed for tmpgenc to accept these Files or easier yet use DVD2AVI to make a D2V Frameserver File and use that instead...

What are the Specs of the M2V file because you might not have to re-encode it because it might allready be in the Correct format for DVD so you might not have to encode it at all.....

Sory but My german is a Little Rusty so I can"t maje Hide Nor tails out of the Guide you are following....

9. frit

frit Member

It's not German, it's Dutch, so maybe your german is a better then you thought :)

I've tried dvdtoavi but when i open my m2v file and i press enter, what do i have to do then ? nothing happens

10. Minion

Minion Senior member

All you do is Download DVD2AVI 1.76 or 1.77 and first go into the DVD2AVI Folder and Copy and Paste the "DVD2AVI.vfp" file from the DVD2AVI folder into the Tmpgenc Install directory....

Now load the M2V file into DVD2AVI and go to "File" to "Save Project" and give the File and Name and save it, in a Couple minutes you will be Left with a File with a ".d2v" extention...
    This .d2v file is a Frameserver file ,Now load the d2v file into Tmpgenc and encode like normal ,Just don"t Movie the D2V file from were you saved it and don"t movie the m2v file untill after encodeing has Finnished....
    This is the Best Method for Encodeing Mpeg2 files in Tmpgenc and is even faster than if you were to get Tmpgenc to Load the M2V file directly....

Tell me the Resolution of this Mpeg2 Video file because you Might not have to re-encode it at all cuz It might allready be in a DVD compliant Resolution, and if so Re-encioding it will just serve to Degrade the Quality......

PS: DVD2AVI doesn"t have an "Enter" Button so maybe you have the wrong Program....

11. frit

frit Member

ok, tnx
    I'm trying it right now

and with enter i mean ok

12. Minion

Minion Senior member

DVD2AVI doesn"t have an "OK" button either...

13. frit

frit Member

yes it does. after you've loaded a file, you have to press enter ....

14. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes I know...I tried to edit my Post but it wouldn"t let me...
    I never seen it because I do not load my Files in that way ,I usually Just drag the File in and drop it......

15. frit

frit Member

it worked ! But now i need to burn the file on dvd. How do I open dvd author? Is it integrated ?

16. frit

frit Member

I found dvd author, i've created a menu etc, but when i previewed the movie i saw that the voices are not sychronisized ! :-(
    Can i fix that ?

17. Minion

Minion Senior member

When you extracted the Audio useing DVD2AVI was there a Delay Value in the AC3 Audio files Name???
    Sometimes when you Rip the audio out of the VOB file useing DVD2AVI the AC3 audio file might have a Name simular to this My File_2_Chanell_83ms DELAY.ac3"
    Or something like that...
    If you did that means that there is a delay in when the Audio files Plays compared to the Video...
    When you use DVD2AVI to decode to Wav it will compensate for the Delay but if you simply Demux the AC3 audio then there will be a Delay which is probably what is causeing the Sync Problem...

What I use with Files that I demux with DVD2AVI that have a Delay Value in the File Name is I use a Simple Freeware tool called the "AC3 Delay Corrector" which either adds a few audio samples or cuts off a couple audio samples so that it syncs up with the Video....

There are a Couple settings I forgot ot Mention in DVD2AVI that should be Set up depending on the Type of Video is used in the DVD....
    If the DVD is a NTSC DVD but one Shot on Film then the Setting under "Video" to "Field Operations" should be set to "Forced Film"....You will know if the DVD was shot on Film when you are Makeing the D2V file the Statistics window will say something like "98% Film", If it says "NTSC" when makeing the D2V file then you know that the DVD was shot in Digital and is 100% Interlaced at 29.976fps were NTSC Film is Progressive and shot at 23.976fps and was Made Interlaced at 29.976fps By adding 3:2 Pulldown Flags or Teliclineing the Film...

Also in DVD2AVI under "Video" to "YUV<->RGB" and set it to "TV Scale" NOT "PC Scale"....

If you have anymore Problems let me know....Cheers

18. frit

frit Member

the resolution of my mpeg2 file is 352*480, to answer to your question in anothor reply ...
    But when i use this file in dvd author and preview it in dvd author, audio is not sychronisized, but when i play it in WMP it is perfect ...

And i've only used dvdtoavi tochange the m2v file in a d2v file, and the audio file is still m2v and not wav

ps : when i have a videofile with low quality, can i improve the quality by changing bitrate and resolution ?

19. frit

frit Member

The original mpg file a said, that was not sync in dvd author, just for a test I made the menu etc and made the video_ts and audio_ts map, but when i play it in power dvd it is not sync also.

What to do ?

20. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I don"t know what could be causeing the Problem....
    Sorry...
    Maybe try not useing DVD2AVI to make a D2V file and Just encode the M2V file in tmpgenc without makeing a D2V file...If you install this Mpeg2 decoder for Tmpgenc then Tmpgenc will accept Mpeg2 files as the Video source....

M2V-VFP
    http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.47.lzh