1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpgenc problem

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by frit, Aug 11, 2004.

1. frit

frit Member

but whit my original mpg file, that has not been splitted, it is also not sync after making a dvdtoavi dvd project with video_ts and audio_ts

2. frit

frit Member

With the plug-in, i used the m2v file and mp2 file to make a dvd-compatible mpg file, but after 6 h of calculating (!!!!), i checked the file and it was still not sync ... :-(

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I don"t know why it would be out of Sync...

Hey I just realized that if your Source file is a 352+480 Mpeg2 file then you do not need to Re-encode it because 352+480 is a 100% DVD Compliant Resolution so you can author the File directly to DVD without haveing to re-encode it...Just make sure the audio is at 48000HZ and you shouldn"t have any problem as long as your DVD authoring Program supports the Half D1 DVD Standard which most of the Good ones do, Even most of the Bad ones do....

Cheers

4. frit

frit Member

but with my original file, wich you claim to be 100% compatible, after doing stuff with dvd author it is not sync !!! Before dvd author it was sync ...

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Maybe the problem is "Tmpgenc DVD Author" ...
    Maybe try DVDlab .....
    You should also check that the audio and the Video are the same Length, Because Sync problems are usually because the audio and Video Length are not the same so one of them Finnishes before the other one...
    If you Load the Mpeg2 file into "Virtual-Dub Mpeg2" and then to to "File" to File Information" it will give you all of the Specs of the File includeing the Audio and Video Lengths...

You can download V-Dub-Mpeg2 here:
    Virtual-Dub-Mpeg2
    http://fcchandler.home.comcast.net/stable/VirtualDub-MPEG2.zip

PS: were did you get this File from, meaning what is it"s source??

6. frit

frit Member

what program do you mean ?
    I think i found the problem. The movie is not PAL like i said, but it's ntsc. tmpgenc is now busy "processing inverse telecine", and remaining time is 4h !!!

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well Inverse telicline doesn"t Convert NTSC to Pal...
    Inverse Telicline Converts 29.976FPS Teliclined Interlaced NTSC Video to Progressive 23.976fps NTSC video so after doing IVTC you will still have a NTSC File...

Well that Explains it Because tmpgenc can not do proper Frame Rate Conversions and that is why it is out of Sync After encodeing....
    The only encoder I know that Does Good convertions from NTSC to Pal is Canopus Procoder....

8. frit

frit Member

hello

i ve found out what the problem was. I had to transcode the mpg file with WinDVR3 because due to my tv capture card software' bugs there were some faults in the file. Bur now it's all OK

Tnx for your help