1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tmpgenc problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by trappdog, Dec 25, 2002.

1. trappdog

trappdog Guest

I am using tmpgenc, which I've used before w/o problems but as of late, it's been super slow. at first I thought the computer was just freezing on the app, but it's just taking a long time now where it was blazing before. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling but no change. does anyone have a clue about what's happening?

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

This seems to be happening to a lot of ppl, the only advice I can give is to make sure whatever you are encoding isn't in a folder being shared by a p2p app or anything that might be using it at the time!

3. dzdave

dzdave Guest

About 4% into the encoding of dvd2avi and wav file, I get an error that reads something to the tune of: read error occurred at address 10006be8 of module "dvd2avi.vfp" Has anyone had this problem and is it fixable? Thanks!

4. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

yes, i had the exact problem..it ended up being the ripping program dvd decryptor. It brought down a 'bogus' vob file that caused the problem. It took me 3 times of restarting dvd2avi to finally realize it was a ripping problem..delete the vob files and re-rip it with a different ripper than what vob files you end up with. However, there was a permanent error on my hard drive because of this error. try running your scan disk and see if the hard drive shows a bad sector.

5. trappdog

trappdog Guest

i have the file in a separate folder. it seems to be slow on the "field judging order." The actual encoding, i haven't drawn a conclusion on. Anyone any insight??