1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc Project Wizard Settings - How to change default?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Maverick®, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Maverick®

Maverick® Member

Does anyone know how to change the default settings for TMPGEnc's Project Wizard?

By default, it's set to "Full Screen" and "Motion Estimate Search (Fast)".

Is there a way to change the default setting to "Full Screen - keep aspect ratio" and "Highest Quality - very slow" so that you don't have to manually change it each time you run the Wizard?

Thanks

PS. Has anyone noticed any difference in results when using the "Full Screen - (keep aspect ratio)" and "Full Screen - (keep aspect ratio 2)" settings?

Also, when is it advisable (and not advisable) to tick the "Inverse Telecine" box?

Thanks

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I tried editing the actual template files themselves but coulding find how its done!

and as for the second questrion, i havent seen much of a big difference!

3. Maverick®

Maverick® Member

I'm just surprised that the default settings wouldn't be editable. Has no-one brought this up before?

BTW, what about the Inverse Telecine question, ie. when is it advisable (or not advisable) to tick the "Inverse Telecine" box?

Sometimes the wizard selects it by default, other times it doesn't - even though the files being converted have the same specs.

Cheers

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Inverse telecine basically is used to restore something to its original framerate so you probably dont even need to select it anytime! lol well i guess it depends on what you are encoding!