1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc vcd/svcd problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dragonsFB, May 15, 2002.

1. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

Hi!
    Been trying to creat vcd and svcd with the wizard and regular, but when burning with nero, it says in is non complient. What could be wrong?

Thanks

DF

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

you might want to make sure you have the right region code either ntsc or pal. if not you frames per second might be wrong.....try using ntsc film or pal film selection in tmpgenc ...

3. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

Did that allready. What I also have tried is putting the files into the simple mulyplex. This stops the complience problem however dont know the reason for the problem in the beggining.
    I capture with VDUB 29.97 ntsc and use the same in tmpgenc.
    Even though with the SVCD not giving a complience problem, I cant fit a 42 min program on a 800cd.

Thanks

DF

4. robsfilms

robsfilms Guest

Everything I have converted into mpeg with tmpgenc is "non compliant" according to Nero. I just turn off the compliance and it seems fine. What TMPGEnc calls compliant seems to be different to what Nero says is compliant. I get the same thing with NTI2000 Pro but once again, I just continue and they seem fine.

5. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

The problem is that the file ends up being bigger when its not complient. I dont have problems with peoples posts from the net.
    A 43 min svcd should fit on a cd since tv shows I download do. The file I have shows its 100megs too big (actual file size is 890)

DF

6. adm211

adm211 Member

when i try to make an mpeg with tmpge it says can't load P3Package.dll what does this mean?

7. colpalmer

colpalmer Member

Last edited: May 18, 2002
  8. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

Looks like the newer versions are the culpret.
    Will try the old one as Nicky Guide says, and see what happens.

DF

9. colpalmer

colpalmer Member

May be worth you checking that all of the video settings are set up as the sample screen on that site first tho

10. eugen

eugen Member

Of course, 43 min SVCD film should fit 80 min CDR. If I understand you right, you have 890 Mb mpeg2 file? OK, it could be written onto 80 min CDR. How - do not mix CDFS and VCD, more capacity vs less error coding. Launch Nero, create you SVCD project, tell it simulate, and in right upper corner you will see real length of the track in Audio relative time and in CDFS (i.e. in normal) Mb.

11. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

Thanks I will try that. It was/is a puzzle why it would not take it since someone said that size does not matter, just Time.

DF

12. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

Tried it and nothing shoed time.
    I'm using 5582 version. Their is nothing on the right side of the window that I am aware off.
    Dont know what you are refering to in "do not mix CDFS and VCD" I use the svcd project and pull the file over.

DF

13. eugen

eugen Member

More thoroughly. Suppose you have .mpg file. Launch Nero (5.5.x) and choose SVCD project. Then simply drop your film into opened folder (you will wait awhile Nero will check the file)and press record button. There appears a window where you could check Simulate. Pressing record button once again you SHOULD see in the top 2 lines with audio time equivqlent and data CD length equivqlent which should tell you exacly about fit your film to the CD or not.

14. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

The only options after checking of Simulation is Write, Cancel, Wizard, Medium Info.

DF

15. eugen

eugen Member

WRITE (!!!), even if you have no blank inside.

16. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

It just kicks out the cd saying not enough space and to insert another disk.
    Then the done screen is up with aborted by user. I press discard and back to the origonal screen with the red showing too large a file (775).

DF

17. eugen

eugen Member

What writer do you use. If it does not support overburn nor 90 min blanks (see www. feurio com) the limit of the mpg file you write it at (S)VCD format is 820 mb. If overburn is possible it could be something like 845 mb. If you use 90 min blank you could burn 900 mb mpg file. Do not forget switch on at Expert properties DAO Overburn enabled and some appropriate capacity (f.i. 82:00:00) for 700 mb blanks.

18. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

Overburn is enabled. As I said earlier. am using the latest nero, and using 80min cd's

DF

19. eugen

eugen Member

and what is the exact length of your mpg file?

20. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

775 megs according to nero.