1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc vcd/svcd problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dragonsFB, May 15, 2002.

1. TechnoCop

TechnoCop Member

Hi! I'm new here and i need help in TMPGEnc.
    I have a mpg of 509mb. The size is 352X240, NTSC and 29.970 FPS.

I want to see the movie in Fullscreen and i don't know if it's better to put that on VCD, SVCD or DVD. What is the best option and what is the best configuration for high quality?

I do some tests, but the result is not good

Thanks! :)

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

TechnoCop: Read the rules -- no further non-related posts to threads -> start new thread instead.

But to answer to your problem: your video is already in VCD format at least based on the stats you provided, so you simply burn it to VCD using Nero (look at our article section at http://www.afterdawn.com/articles/ for instructions) and it plays on your DVD player.

Or what you mean by "fullscreen"?

3. TechnoCop

TechnoCop Member

It is possible to see the movie by an automatic fullscreen if i put that on CD?
    It is automatic if i use Nero? Thanks

4. dRD

5. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

If its clean, I would put it in SVCD and then double click it for full screen, if you want crisp. VCD I find can be a bit of a blurr.

DF

6. dragonsFB

dragonsFB Guest

By the way I still have not been able to burn the file I have of 43 min/880megs onto a 70 min CD, In case someone still has any ideas.

DF

7. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

I have just gone through all the steps for encoding with TMPGE and i pressed start to start the procedure and it says "can't load P3Package.dll" i have already tried looking at the webpage suggested and have made the suggested setting changes, it still come up with that message. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2002
  8. dRD

dingo23: The magic "Search messages" button can't be that hard to use, this has been answered several times in these forums. Simply google the dll's name, download it and stick it to your TMPGEnc dir.

9. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

I am trying to make an SVCD and went to encode my batch by hitting "run" but after a second a window came up and said "ssrc.exe can not be used as external encoder" i tried to reinstall ssrc but it had the same results. How do i get around this problem?

10. dRD

You followed our DVD to SVCD guide? In the page of TMPGEnc, where you setup the audio features, you need to enter the correct location where you have installed SSRC.exe (and same for toolame), otherwise it obviously will fail.

11. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

I entered the exact location of the SSRC and still the same message

12. dRD

You put it in the wrong place. SSRC must be used as frequency convertor and tooLAME must be used as an external encoder.

13. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

I did use ssrc as a frequency converter and toolame as external encoder...still the same message. why would it show as ssrc "can not be used as an external encoder" when clearly it is in the frequency converter box?

14. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

my "external tool" box looks exactly the same as the one in your web page

15. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

ok it works, i completely uninstalled TMPGEnc off my computer and reinstalled it...then made the appropriate changes to the "environmental setting" tab etc...put the frequency converter and external encoder files in(the same as i did before) and now it works...but thanks

16. dRD

Good :)

17. dingo23

dingo23 Guest

ok so i got it to start encoding, but after about 30 mins it came up with "batch encode results" and said that "no folder name is included in the output file name". when the web page suggests to make a simple name like CD_one or so(when saving), do i write that in the ouput file name or do i wait until the appropriate folder that i save it in opens?

18. colpalmer

colpalmer Member

Phew!! too heavy for me im signing off...

19. caulfield

caulfield Member

i'm having the same probs with tmpgenc, i get the message saying can't load p3package.dll

i've tried reinstalling tmpgenc but that hasn't solved the problem.

at the risk of sounding really stupid, should i downalod d.ll from google? what excatly is p3package.dll

ding23 my e-mail address is *no-mail-adds*removed-by-webmaster* would u please e-mail on how u solved ur problem?

i would really appreciate it thanks.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2002
  20. dRD

caulfield: You find the .dll from your computer if you have latest MS Office installed, simply use the Windows' Find to find it. If you don't have it on your computer, try to find it with Google and copy it to either TMPGEnc's dir or to \Windows\System32 dir.

And DON'T post your email address to forums, otherwise we get spambots harvesting forums for email adds and then you start wondering why in Earth you receive these penis enlargement ads once a day.