1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc & win xp

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by bilkido, Mar 24, 2002.

1. bilkido

bilkido Member

Hi to all I ripped a movie using smartripper under win98se but I recently converted to win xp pro.The problem is now when i try to encode using TMPGEnc I can get the d2v loaded but when I try to load the audio I get an error message saying TMPGEnc has encounted a problem and needs to close.What has gone wrong? Also I heard that I might need an aspi layer what is this and where do I get it from?Thanks for any help.

2. Snakey

Snakey Guest

I too have this same problem but opposite it loads in audio but not the d2v file (with win xp but it used to work and now nothing} first used smartripper then dvd2avi and comes up unsupported Blah Blah Blah in Tmpge so I downloaded some more decoders and it fixed it. I ripped the phantom menace had no problems burnt it and now for some strange reason I am back at square one...very annoying >:-(

3. Snakey

Snakey Guest

My brother helped me with my problem, basically TMPGE needs the .vob files to judge the field order, I deleted them thinking they were just wasting space. After dvd2avi had done its job I thought that TMPGE only needed those two files...I was wrong.

So if anyone else has this same problem basically all you need to remember is do not delete .vob files till TMPGE has made them into mpeg`s and also do not move the .vob files and the two files that dvd2avi make otherwise TMPGE will not be able to find them..thus "will not open or unsupported" will appear.