1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpgenc wont encode xvid to vcd?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by dubz, Nov 8, 2003.

1. dubz

dubz Member

i used to use this all of the time to encode divx to vcd with no problems at all, but lately all i've been able to find of dvd rips are in xvid format, and i just cant get the thing to encode them, i ALWAYS get some kind of error and it shuts down. anyone else having this problem, and what's the deal with this, or any other programs or ways to put xvid on vcd? i guess i may be just retarted.

2. dubz

dubz Member

alright sorry i didnt see the other threads already addressing this, ill read them over some and see if i can figure this out. just when ya didnt think it could get to be any more of a pain in the ass to encode vcds :p

3. dubz

dubz Member

ok im going to try to do this one more time im just tired and its late i think. ive read that the best way to fix this problem of xvid files not converting to vcd right with virtual dub and tmpgenc is to change the xvid to divx with fourcc. i got fourcc and heres a screenshot of it on my computer http://blyt3.netfirms.com/fourcc.gif i just need to know which of these to convert it to from xvid now (mp41, mp42, mp43 or div3) thanks, hopefully this will finally work. just curious, are there any guides about this problem out yet? and why is nothing ever encoded in divx anymore but everything you see is in xvid nowadays?

4. herfy's

herfy's Member

sounds like a codec issue to me.every time i used to get errors from tmpenc it was a codec issue.a codec finder on your pc would be good to check what codecs the movie is using and then download what you need.xvid codec should be the main one.good luck.

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

It is a Codec Issue but not the way you think..For some reason tmpgenc and the XviD codec do not get allong, Probably because Both Tmpgenc and XviD are a Bit Buggy to say the least..I usually end up Frame serveing the XviD file to tmpgenc useing either V-Dub or AVISynth, and if that Failed for some reason I would decompress the Xvid file to HuffYUV format which Tmpgenc will happilly encode, this way you do not loose quality going from XviD to HuffyUV but you need a Lot of Disk Space Like about 30gb at least...Cheers

6. Manngo

Manngo Member

Try to use ffdshow. For me it solved Tmpeg vs Xvid problems.

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

Yes...FFDShow can also work ...