1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGENC WONT RECOGNIZE MY FILE

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mlr, Oct 16, 2003.

1. mlr

mlr Member

CONVERTED AVI TO MPEG2 WITH TMPGENC ALSO CONVERTED AUDIO TO WAV48000 WITH VDUB BUT CANT GET TMPGENC DVD AUTHER TO RECOGNIZE FILE BEEN LIKE THIS FOR DAYS NOW TRIED ALLSORTS &READ LOADSA THREADS TEARIN MY HAIR OUT NOW ANYONE NE IDEAS PLZZZZZZZZ

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

What File with DVD author Not recognize the Audio or the Video??? If it is the Audio and you extracted the audio from your AVI file to wav useing Virtual dub then this Might be were the Problem is Because if your AVI file originally had AC3 audio and you use V-Dub to extract it to wav then the Wav file is Not really a wav file...Because V-Dub can not actually decode AC3 audio (Unless you have a special AC3 decoder installed) so when you try to extract it to wav the File is actually not a Wav file But an AC3 file with a Wav header..To fix this file you just re-name the Wav file to AC3 then use a Little Program called "BeSliced" or"AC3-Fix" to Fix the header of the AC3 file so it is a Real AC3 file then load the AC3 file into Tmpgenc DVD Author and author it to DVD Cuz AC3 is a Much better format for DVD"s that any other Format...But if this is not your Problem please disregard this Answer....Cheers

3. mlr

mlr Member

is there any guides on doing this anywere as i can not seem to find any

4. mlr

mlr Member

right ive converted the audio to ac3 wav but player still wont play it plays first 2 or 3 seconds then just goes back to begining

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Did you use something like "AC3-fix" or "BeSplit" to Fix the AC3 file???

6. mlr

mlr Member

I USED BESWEETS AC3 MACHINE