1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEncDVDAuthor3 - having problems

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by gmutt, Apr 5, 2007.

1. gmutt

gmutt Guest

Hi. was wondering if anyone is having similar problems with the latest TMPG.

Up till 2 days ago everything was fine. went to use it yesterday and keep getting the following error msg everytime i try to enter either the chapter menu, or the edit menu...

read error occured at address 004DCA9A of module 'TMPGEncDVDAuthor3.exe' with 7E05D104

I tried encoding pal-ntsc and vice versa, and pal-pal, ntsc-ntsc. same error every time. Basically the avi/mpeg file goes through ok, and does encode and burn ok, but try to edit any menu items, (add text, add chapters, etc) and the same msg appears with the little windows thunk noise :)

anyone help me?

VERY appreciated......thank you

2. stratman0

stratman0 Member

The error below , when using the edit function, is caused by a Microsoft Security Update KB925902
    Just uninstall this update and the edit function will work again
    This update has caused various problems with various software
    The update can be removed using Control Panel/Add or Remove programs
    Microsoft are currently preparing a fix for the security update

It worked for me I hope it works for you!

read error occured at address 004DCA9A of module 'TMPGEncDVDAuthor3.exe' with 7E05D104

3. TJF

TJF Member

I'm having exactly the same problem. It was working fine up until a couple of days ago and now I get:

Read error occured at address 004DCA9A of module TMPGEncDVDAuthor3.exe with 7E05D104

when I hit the edit button.

Tried the above fix and reinstalled the software, but the problem still persists!?

4. penelope7

penelope7 Member

I can't even load the program. I get runtime errors 204 and 216. Anyone know how to fix this? I've tried registry cleaning, virus scans, etc.. I'd really like to use this because it has subtitle support now.

5. stratman0

stratman0 Member

Try this portable version
    Has the burning engine removed, use your current burning software, Nero etc

edited due to piracy

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007