1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGENG Movie Lengh Error

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Mopheus, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Mopheus

Mopheus Member

When i try to encode an avi file using tmpgenc, i get to step 4 of the wizard and the movie info is totally wrong. For example, say a movie is 2 hours (120 mins) long, the movie info says it is 400 mins long!! Also the bar at the bottom well into the red because of this.

Any suggestions how this problem can be sorted? I think it may have something to do with the audio but have installed all the latest codecs but with no joy.

HELP!!!

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

yeah it probably is the audio causeing tmpgenc to overestimate the file size, what your gonna have to do is convert the audio from your file to wav before you attempt to encode, you can do this easily with virtual dub by going to the audio menu and selecting full processing mode, then goto file and sav WAV, give the file a name and then your good to go. when its converted the audio just load up tmpgenc and use the new wav as the audio source for the file. get vdub here: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virtualdub/VirtualDub-1.5.10.zip?download

if tmpgenc still overestimates the file size goto source range in tmpgenc and select a start frame and an end frame meaning your going to be telling tmpg exactly what to encode (i.e the 120 minutes not however many minutes tmpg is overestimating the file as).

EDIT:. typo
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    SNOOCH TO THE MUTHA fusking NOOCH!!! -Jay-[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2004