1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To anyone willing to help.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mengsbu52, Mar 4, 2007.

1. mengsbu52

mengsbu52 Guest

what's up everyone. it's been a while since i've been in these forums. and i see things of come far from where we were before. I have a few questions, I don't really know much about computers. the furthest i've come is Backing up DVD's and PS2 games. I now have an Xbox 360. and this stuff sounds so cool, but unfortunately i am having a hard time understanding it all. so please help a fellow 360er.

* Flashing the 360 *
    - What are the chances of messing up my 360?
    - Will there be any major differences with my 360? will it still run the same?
    - I've read tutorials, can someone explain to me what all the stuff is needed for like the extra drive? what it will do the the 360 etc.

please help. I would really appreciate it. thank you so much.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

1. if you dont take your time and read what your supposed to do, the chances are greater that if you slow down and take your time.
    2. the only difference is you can set the read speed depending on the firmware you use.
    3. you dont need anything extra except a pci sata card if you dont have the required sata chip on your motherboard already, you may want to get the samsung drive because it makes ripping your games a lot easier

3. mengsbu52

mengsbu52 Guest

what is a SATA card? what does it do, and what is it for?

right now i only have my laptop on me do i need a Desktop?

where can i get the Files/Games to download from? (sorry if im not allowed to ask)

thanks

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

a sata card is used for connecting a sata drive to your computer, and you need a desktop, and we arent allowed to give you links or directions to pirate games

5. mengsbu52

mengsbu52 Guest

okay. what i the sata drive? im thinking that's in the 360. where can i order this?

so basically what i would have to buy is the sata card, and the burner?

6. theridges

theridges Guest

7. handsom

handsom Regular member

Great link, theridges, long time no see.

...Probably due to my inactivity in this forum as of the last couple months.

8. theridges

theridges Guest

nope i haven't really been around...been frequenting a lot of GFX Sites but i got my 360 and modding it on friday so i guess im back in the game :)

9. handsom

handsom Regular member

Good times; it's kind of scary, just because it's a $400 machine(That I couldn't afford to replace) and I'm well beyond warranty, but it's actually stupidly simple; as far as I'm concerned.