1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Convert AVI to DVD with Nero Vision 4 (basic guide)

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by alkohol, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainer21

Rainer21 Guest

Having a problem with audio going out of sync about 5 minutes into every DVD episode. When I watch the normal AVI's on my pc on the Nero media player the audio going out of sync happens aswell, but when I watch the AVI's on VLC media player the audio is fine through the whole AVI. When I burn the AVI's onto a DVD I don't get the audio out of sync when watching on VLC(but it is still messing up about 5 minutes in with Nero player), so I figure it isnt the burner or media. I am using NeroVision Express 3, but the program looks almost exactly the same except it doesn't give the Dobly 5.1 audio option. Would the older NeroVision version be causing the audio sync on the DVDs problem?

2. CougarKid

CougarKid Member

I'm using 16:9 now and it makes like a border around the entire video thus making it smaller, but subtitles are all on the screen too.

3. bigmons

bigmons Member

@alkohol

just a quick question when burning more then one file dose it really matter how high the quality is beacause everytime i try to burn trailer park boys season 3 it says its 10 gb but its only 8 episodes at jus a bit less then 180 mb. and if it dose matter how badly will i be affected?

4. badd

badd Member

@ alkohol
    how come u highly recommend burning to hard disk first?

5. PS1202

PS1202 Member

@alkohol

When I try to use nero vision 4 to convert my avi file of the movie "The Notebook" into dvd format it will come up preparing to transcode but will then stop at Elapsed Time: 0h 00m 01s. The current progress bar is full but it seems frozen at 1 seconds. The file is over the standard dvd limit as it is 4.72gb but I planned on using dvd shrink after I converted the files. Do you know what could be wrong?? Im sorry if a similiar problem has already been discussed as I am new to the site. Thanks and I hope you will be able to help me out.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

closed (for now) on request of alkohol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.