1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To flash, or not to flash

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by schweet, Feb 2, 2007.

1. schweet

schweet Guest

I wanna do it but I'm shittin myself thinkin that as soon as I do it, Microhard will work out the crack we're usin and ban us all.

So what are the chances of them sussin it out? I really wanna convert but I really don't wanna get banned from Live, seein as that's where i spend most of my 360 time.
    Is it just 'take the chance' or is there an indication that flashed 360s will be detected and banned?

2. jontracey

jontracey Guest

They say that to scare you. Ther is a small chane. I'd say 1 in 15 chance. I have not been banned. My 360 is modded.

3. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

even if they do, they will reflash the original firmware, no one has been banned yet, and if they do start putting out bans, the first ones banned with get a suspension, not a ban and they will post and we will all unmod our consoles

4. iHack

iHack Member

microsoft can update ur games and such but probably not ur dvd firmware

5. sourD

sourD Regular member

If youve got any problems re flash to the original config. If your worried about anyone lets worry about our rights disapearing the heck with microsoft. Flash it, hacker tech will always be three steps in front of microsoft no matter what they do. Who can innovate and change faster, groups of like minded open source programmers or micromonopoly? My bets on the hackers.

6. Memnock

Memnock Active member

The hack has been around for almost a year now. Don't you think bans would've happened by now if they were to happen?

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

OMG JUST DO IT, JUST DO IT!!

if any problems then not sure if its ip ban then i would just call my isp and cancel and then get another isp lol. or someone will make a mac address changer. or i would sell it and buy a new one. but trust me none of this will happen!!!

8. schweet

schweet Guest

Decided to do it. Getting it done for $100 AU, which I think is fair.

Now, I can use any DL burner to burn ISO's I get off the net, right? Just got a laptop with a DL drive, not sure what make it is though (the laptop is a Dell).

I only plan on getting backups to cover games I own, nothing dodgy, but I think it would be far easier to download pre-patched image files than mess around with original discs.

Thanks for your replies.

9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

what are you paying $100 dollars for? crazy

10. schweet

schweet Guest

Fluff and fold I drop it off, I pick it up, it's a delight!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2007