1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To Rebuild, And When Not To Rebuild

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by CodyMac, Feb 11, 2005.

1. CodyMac

CodyMac Guest

Hey, my very first game to ever Backup was BloodRayne 2, Using the Iso-Read to Iso-Write Method with DVD Decrpyter didnt work, so a simple search brought me to Afterdawn Forums and i found out it needed rebuildling and then burned back via Iso-Write, and it worked on my first try. SO my question is, how do you know when to rebuild without burning it first and having yourself a coaster? Should you only rebuild games with Garbage files when you view them With ISObuster?
    Hope this makes since to some Ps2 Guru's.

Also, which games have you guys had to rebuild like Bloodrizzayne 2 so i have a Heads up.
    Thanks Mangs!

2. Cixx

Cixx Member

I'm not a Ps2 guru but the games i had 2 rebuild
    where NBA Street 3, Def Jam Fight for NY and Mercenaries.
    I usually rebuild games with a high TOC. These games often have troubles playing them like freezing at startup screen.

3. phizzball

phizzball Guest

so how do i go about rebuilding these kinda games on a mac?

4. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

The only other games I have had to rebuild are The Guy Game, Bloodrayne 2, and Mercenaries. I never had a problem W/Def Jam Vendetta Fight for New York. Right now I am having problems burning Champions: Return to Arms though. I have tried Nero, DVD Decrypter, Alcohol 120%, and rebuilding the DVD using every program you can think of and it won't work, so go figure...

5. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but don't you only rebuild a game when it's too big for you to burn?

I mean, if you have a game that's over 4.35 gigs, it won't fit on a single-layer DVD, so you have to rip it to fit.

Other than that, you just ISO the game with DVD Decrypter, and then burn it. In fact, if you use alcohol, and have two dvd drives, you could probably burn on the fly.

6. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

That is true, but some games (Mercenaries, Bloodrayne , and NBA Street Vol. 3) have dummy/garbage files in them that need to be gotten rid of before your backup will play properly. Rebuilding these games eliminates those files and usually reduces the file size by almost half.

7. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

I'm sorry, I meant Bloodrayne 2.

8. meggo

meggo Member

has anyone rebuilt a game then tried to patch an id to the iso file. i am trying for nba street 3 and it wont let me. i cant get the game to work either.

9. exsean

exsean Member

Hey guys i was wondering if someone could tell me how i could name the two files for the NBA Street 3 games. This is during the process when you need to rebuild the iso.
    Thanx

10. meggo

meggo Member

name them whatever you want. (street.lst)