1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to security...dvd x copy blows...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by agenda, Jul 12, 2003.

1. agenda

agenda Member

ok.. i took your advice...bought x copy last night...installed...copied disc over 2 dvd's...put in my standalone dvd player...surprise!! it locks up! completely locks up at menu to play movie..no buttons work on the unit..eject..try again...same crap..lovely freakin product...i backed up 5 movies using decrypter - dvd2one - nero and they all function perfectly...guess i will be going back to that...nice product 123studios has to offer there....now i know the posts about all the issues people have with it may be true....
    for now on its reauthoring for me after decrypter.....
    thanks for the advice...

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

3. security

security Member

dela were on version 2.5.3
    if he got version one and did not read the directions to update it he will have that problem. um ....updates are free
    he gave no info on any thing other than above posts /no player info/media info etc
    he says he got a burned copy with no error messages . and never says if any other player (including the one he burned it on) worked.
    when you give up that quick they give up that quick
    we saw no post such as help my disc keeps freezing at start up he was told to get a refund but would not say were he bought it
    i wonder if it was cracked ...you know
    it was odd he avoided help from the group

Last edited: Jul 12, 2003
  4. agenda

agenda Member

i was not avoiding help from the group...and i have neglected to update the package...my point is simple..i backup with decrypter-dvd2one-nero everything works wonderfully...i use dvdxcopy and nothing works...what relevance is my player or media? if it works under senerio A then it should work under senerio B - no? the dvd does play on my computer but with some very bad pixelation at times...
    im not trying to be a ass here, it just seems to me burning a dvd is burning a dvd, either the software does it correctly 100% of the time or its useless...its not my job as a consumer - ie dvdxcopy is not free - to troubleshoot their product or abide by some know sequence of hardware to achieve the end result of their product...that was not stated when i purchased the package...

5. Dela

security, you think you have seen some strange posts?? HA you havent seen the half of it yet, i have seen posts with the title, Problem, and the message, how do i fix it ;-)

6. security

security Member

dela thanks for your input ,
    he has another thread at the xcopy site.
    one of the good ones is walking him through.
    he said he will update and try again so i hope hes all good

still a bit nasty of a thread title hu?

7. Shindou

Shindou Member

DXC doesnt suck, it just expensive and has that annoying nag screen in the beginning, there are other software that does the same thing for much cheaper, I just wish I had learn about them before DXC though.

8. Dela

I used to use DVDXCopy a lot and I liked it never had one problem with it thank god!

9. security

security Member

you know about the new 3.0 dela?

10. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Yah, dvd x copy blows the big one. Why anyone pays for this POS is beyond me. What does it retail for now? $80.

Freeware does the job better.

11. Dela

Yep, I see DVDXCopy just fading now, dont see how it can compete with all the others!