1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To The Proffessionals.............

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by mossyy, Dec 24, 2004.

1. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i just wanna know what is the SPDIF adaptor?? and how it works?? and what can i use it for??

thnx......... ;-p

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

thnxxxx Pulsar but i just wanna how to use it, coz i have at home and dont know how to use it???

thnxxx ;-p

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Your sound card should have an SPDIF socket. You also have to have an amplifier with a compatible socket, not necessarily the same, and the lead should have an SPDIF male & the appropriate male to suit your amp.
    Hell is it me or was that complex? I hope you are going in the general direction I think I am sending you!!
    I think you have to have so many pins for the 5.1 sound system. That is what my Phillips soundcard had.
    What do you want to use it for? Is it to connect your PC to your sound system?

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

pulstar i have heard all that before but still dont know how to use it?? i have the SPDIF in my laptop and thy gave a small piece dont know what to call it but anyway i just wanna knowin what i can use it?? and how?? and if u can explain?? thnxxxxxxx buddy :p

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Plug it in?

7. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

okay i have plug it in, then what???

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Plug it from your laptop (sound output that is) to your sound system, if it is compatible. So then you have a connection from your laptop to your sound, so you should now have sound!

9. pulsar

pulsar Active member

What exactly are you trying to do? To be perfectly honest I have not a clue! Are you trying to get sound or what?
    It sounds like you have found a piece of kit & you just want to use it! For the hell of it!
    I do not mean to sound rude, but your question was initially rather vague. It is rather like saying I have found a 5pin din plug, what do I do with it? Do you see what I am saying here?

10. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

pulsar when i bought the laptop i found the 5pin din plug but didn't know how to use it?? so after the research on the net, they use it for the ps2, DVD, TV and some speakers but they never explain how to use it?? so my question how could i use it in these things??

thnxx