1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To those who have problems w/ DVD back ups playing correctly on PS2 (preferably fliptop and slide card users) - I have the answer !!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Sinasta, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Sinasta

Sinasta Member

Greetings!

Like many others that owns a ps2 with a fliptop/slide card and Swap Magic 2.0 dvd, most burns eith play horribly, loads at the insert disc screen and hangs when the border changes color's or just loads and you get a black screen and take forever to load between scenes and such.

If you can relate to what I just posted above the I have the answer for you.

at the ps2ownz forum, the creator that goes by the name Olsfan has created a swap magic dvd disc version 3.0, yes its the truth, and with permmision of his affilates they have allowed me to host it. I came here to post because I read to many others that had the same problems as I. So now that I have permission, I would like to share this masterpiece with those in need.

You may obtain the image in on this link:

http://ironmugen.free.fr/backups/Olsfans_sm3dvd.zip

once you get the file, use Nero or DVD Decryptor to burn the image to a dvd disc.

"if you use nero and it ask to burn as a multi-session, then proceed as is."

once the disc is burned, this is the sequence to load it.

1. load swap magic dvd 2.0
    2. E.A. swap "with slide card or fliptop lid" the dvd 2.0 disc with Olsfan's swap magic 3.0 dvd that you burnt.
    3. press eject to swith the swap magic 3.0 dvd with a toc disc. A real ps2 dvd-rom disc can be use toc. Now thats the key Item there and that wil solve your dvd backup problems. Also make sure it a huge dvd game as well. The bigger the toc the better chance of a backup playing flawlessly. use games like Metal gear Solid 2 or something of that size.

4. once the toc disc is inserted, it will tell you to insert your own program disc in. once again swap the toc dosc with your backup via EA swap method and press square to special boot the game.

then you are all set. those unplayable dvd backups are fully playable at 100%!

p.s If you want to show your appreciation, go to the Ps2Ownz forums or click here:

http://www.ps2ownz.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14481&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

And give Olsfan your thanks for taking the time to create this miracle and also ANGELUSXL and Angelus3K
    for providing me with the iso file and allowing me to share it with you all.

I hope I made it simple to understand and solve all of your dvd backup issues.

I must go to work now, Good day!
    -Sinasta

"admins if this thread is helpful to many (especially newbies), may I sugesst this to be a sticky topic? Just a thought to help others"

2. ICBINR123

ICBINR123 Member

Great man, thanks for the help. I havent tried it yet tho, but i'll take your word for it. Hopefully it will make my dark cloud 2 dvd work

Can you burn it with DVD+r discs or only DVD-R?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2004
  3. cac

cac Regular member

i cant get pased refreshing toc screen
    any help ?
    ty
    cac

4. billz

billz Active member

i have but with carpy results toc disk gta3
    both true crimes and freedom fighter won't load with this thing? what gives?
    any answers? does it not work with v7?

thanks

5. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Isn't Olsfan's Swap Magic 3 disc the exact same thing as the Swap Magic 3 CD version?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]v4 PS2
    Flip-top[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2004
  6. Iverson68

Iverson68 Guest

Except for the fact that you have to boot it up using the SMD DVD version 2.0

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I found the solution a long time ago.. I bought a mod chip.. But to each his own I guess.

Matt

8. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

anyone get these to work i only have one dvd-r left and i don't wanna replace it

9. billz

billz Active member

i sure haven't ...wait

10. buuf

buuf Member

BREAKING NEWS!!!! It Works. WOW!!! Sinsta, u da man!! Got one question, does it have to be a ps2 game to refresh toc? I tried breaker pro and ti sits there saying refresh toc and still spinning. Also tried backup, no go.

11. billz

billz Active member

what games did you try? what version ps2? what's ur toc disk? does it workwith sonic heroes?

12. buuf

buuf Member

Ps2 Version 3! Castlevania:LOI for toc, played backup perfectly, don't know 4 sonic heroes. I thought v3 did'nt do Dvd+r but mine does. have NFL street backup yet to try. Castle is close to 3 gigs so I'll assume it'll work with street.

13. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

does it work with v7?

14. midgarguy

midgarguy Member

I know the swapmagic problems tend to come up quite a bit on other forums. One thing you guys need to try and remember when booting backups is to press (square) instead of X. Sometimes this helps for playing CD and DVD based games. The swap magic 2.0 disk only says to press X but pressing square can make some games work better.

15. Sinasta

Sinasta Member

Ok Im back from work And I am here to answer your questions.

ICBINR123,
    I use and prefer dvd-r discs.

cac,
    Use a REAL ps2 dvd game as a toc disc, not a backup. Do that then you will get past the refresh toc screen.

billz,
    im sorry but I forgot to say that it may not work with version 7 boards. but Olsfan mentioned that it would for he did it with his. or maybe its the media you use. I use Imation dvd-r's and also make sure that the sm dvd 3.0 is burnt to a dvd-r not cd-r.

Iverson68,
    Its the dvd version of sm 3.0 cd.

sbeeze,
    I have got it to work, for this is my reasonm for sharing this info.

buuf,
    Yes the toc has to be a REAL ps2 dvd game, and make sure its a big one also.

midgarguy,
    I agree.

16. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

doesn't work for me pressing square takes me to the red screen saying insert ps2 formatted disc.

17. backswift

backswift Regular member

I need help guys/girls. I am using nero express and I can't get the iso to burn on a dvd, it only want's to burn on a cdr. I don't know what I need to change to get it to work, but if someone could help it would be great.

18. Sinasta

Sinasta Member

what is you booting sequence?

this is mines,

Smdvd 2.0 ,change with fliptop to Smdvd 3.0 then press eject and insert a toc disc (a real ps2 dvd game), then once toc refreshes, change with fliptop and insert your dvd backup,.

try both x and square.

19. Sinasta

Sinasta Member

BackSwift use dvd decryptor.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

20. sbeeze

sbeeze Guest

i'll try using x instead, but i think itried before and it just hung at the intro screen as usual