1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to those with experience installing a flip top cover

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by artanis16, Apr 12, 2005.

1. artanis16

artanis16 Member

regarding getting the reset/eject button out of the original case, what's the best way to do this? It seems almost stuck in there. I'm also scared the silver cable might break somehow.

2. Zero_FX

Zero_FX Member

I would suggest wiggling it to see if you get it to become moore loose. Once loose you can press the eject forward, allowing the power button to get out first. After that you can pretty much take out the whole thing at once.

If i can give you some tips:
    - Don't use to much force
    - Always notice the length of the silver cable you have, you can take off the original sticker on top of it to give you some more length (if present that is)

Greetz,

Zero_FX

3. Oakley28

Oakley28 Regular member

If you haven't already done it mine simply just lifted out, took a little bit of wiggling but came off no probs!

4. steimy

steimy Active member

You can find a tiny flathead screwdriver and stick it under it, gently, and pry it up off the little plastic pegs. you will need a tiny screwdriver, like the kind they use for eyeglasses to get the DVD drive top cover off anyway.