1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To VOD???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ^HaDeS^, Jun 20, 2003.

1. ^HaDeS^

^HaDeS^ Member

I am new to dvd burners, I just bought the Sony DVD burner that uses +/-. I have downloaded many music videos over the yrs from many p2p sharing programs, i was intrested in using this burner to burn them to final dvd that are viewable in most dvd players/ps2's/xboxes. I did searches and i see how to make a VCD DVD or something along those lines. I am wondering is this a DVD video format? I might not make sense considering i am a newbie but i want to be able to burn them as dvd format i guess thats a vod i ain't sure. I tryed using MYDVD or Nero Express and each one craps out at times with the mpg's is there a way to convert the mpg before hand and burn it as a chapter w/o having to use the burning program or a way to fix it... I just notice it takes so long and at times it just won't do it... I am sorry if this question was asked in the past being a newbie i scrolled back and i also read the rules and went to search and looked it up i just dont' know how to word it right if it was answered i would appricate any help in this matter thank u in advance.. have a nice day...

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

DVD Format is Mpeg2. It will need to be in this format if you want to play it on a DVD player. I presume your file is in avi format? You will need to convert it to Mpeg2 before burning. Check in the DivX forum for the best tools for doing this

3. ^HaDeS^

^HaDeS^ Member

to be honest i ani't sure what mpg layer it is its an mpg music video thats all i know