1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

to What I need to gaming videos for my son (capture)

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Wyattspop, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hi All,
    My little man wants to make Minecraft PC gaming videos, he's only 8 but he watches Markaplier and Yamimash playing games and doing commentary as they play. He has a decent PC, nearly empty and someone offered me an Elgato Game Capture device for $80 (good price), so my question is; What do I need for him to play Minecraft and record his commentary as he plays, preferably in real time? I assume the Game capture unit and a webcam (we have one), is this all I need? Is it a fairly simple setup? I'm moderately tech savvy, I've just never done this before. He plays Minecraft on his desktop but I've gotten him an Xbox slim for Christmas, will this device do what he wants? Thanks for making my son's Christmas magical.

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

recording off desktop is actually not that hard and can be done with a screen capture program without a capture card

i've made gaming videos using fraps on pc ( i got a cracked version) it will basically capture record anything on your desktop but the files are huge (you'd need to compress them after recording).
    twitch has live streaming if you wanna record and broadcast as you go.
    I have also just been given a link to software for me recording gameplay on another site.I havnt tested this software yet but heres the link if you wanna try it https://obsproject.com/
    I've also tried something called dxtory but didn't like the quality of the recording.