1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toast won't burn system error 70001

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by yuent, Aug 31, 2004.

1. yuent

yuent Member

i have a pbook g4 superdrive. my first attempt to copy a dvd was successful but my second attempt failed. i use dvd backup to rip, then dvd2oneX to compress finally toast titanium6 to burn. i can replay the ripped video_TS and the compressed video_TS file but after i burn it with toast, even if it says it is a succesful burn, i cannot play it on my powerbook. a system error messge pops up saying ' it could not detect media file 70001. needless to say, it also won't allow me to play back on my standalone dvd player. does anyone have any idea what i am doing wrong? (the movie was matrix 2 if it's relevant.)

2. Londor

Londor Guest

What media are you using?

3. yuent

yuent Member

dear londor thank you for replying. as is often the case, as soon as i posted my problem, i worked it out. it was my error in the appliccatiion of titanium toast. i did not create the DVD discname correctly. simple but costly mistake (2 coasters!) an indication i need more practice. to answer you question, i am using TDK dvd-r.