1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toc refreshes

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by pro`noob, Mar 31, 2005.

1. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

ok here is my problem, my ps2 is slimline and using swapmagic. i have done a diy mod with the sensors using a combination of tape and superglue therefore the ps2 continually believes the lid is closed. this is generally fine for backups as i just load sm then pop open the lid insert backup and press x.

i have yet to come across a game that requires a toc refresh but if i do (i see dvd-9 games becoming popular) i now dont have any way to refresh it because inserting an original dvd game the ps2 will not think discs have been swapped and the toc will not update.

so my question is there a way to update the toc still? eg a utility dvd i can burn to disc that will boot with swapmagic which will then let me insert an original game and prehaps press x for a toc refresh or something then allow me to swap back over to my backup.

there may not be such a program, but if not is there any other way to perform the toc refresh? and finally what is the maximum backup size that can be used with SM3.3?

2. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

3. pretense

pretense Regular member

You need the Cogswaploader DVD or DVDloader v7 All discs to TOC swap. There's kind of a special procedure for swapping with the DVDloader (press triangle whenever you need the disc to spin down, and press triangle again to respin it), but it's fairly easy to figure out once you experiment a little.

That said, I haven't encountered any games which actually needed TOC refreshing with the Swap Magic 3.3 disc. The one that supposedly did (FIFA Street), I'd already patched anyway =/ The SM3.3 has a TOC of 4.35 GB, btw... but max-TOC DVD5 games seem to work fine with it anyway.

4. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

ok thanks, ill find these loaders and give them a go. ill figure it out easily enough.

and to 007PStwo, i dont really want to do that method, at the moment my warranty is still recoverable should i need it - if i wanted to do any wiring i would have bought a modchip but thx for the link :)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  5. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

i guess 2 wires to a eject is alot safer than a mod chip with 24 wires to critical system components. but yeah it would kill the warranty.

6. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

Can somebody send me Cogswaploader DVD or DVDloader v7 please?

i singed up at ps2nfo but it has a 5 day wait for activation before i can get the files from there.

also im pretty sure metal gear 3 pal version needs a toc refresh, the reason i want the loader because it begins to boot and then goes black and freezes up.