1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOC refreshing

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by BigWang, Apr 2, 2005.

1. BigWang

BigWang Member

If i burn backups using Verbatim or Sony discs, will that allow me to get around having to do a TOC refresh everytime i want to play one of them? Because I am burning at the slowest speed possbile using DVD decrypter and Memorex DVD-r's and I have to TOC refresh anytime I want to play one of my backups. If anyone could give me any tips on what to do it would help. Thanks

2. witton

witton Regular member

it does'nt matter what media you use if the toc of the game is bigger than the toc of the swapmagic disc you will need to do a toc refresh.

3. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

forgive me for sounding like a complete newb but i dont' understand the whoel toc thing. i have not had to do it, but how does that work exactly?

4. witton

witton Regular member

each game has a table of contents (toc) this is the size of the game,when you boot with swapmagic most games have a smaller toc,so boot fine but some, a lot of new ones are bigger so you have to refresh the toc with a game that has a bigger toc.
    some games will still boot without but they tend to slow to boot or patchy when they have booted,others wont boot at all you just get a black screen.
    swapmagic dvd toc=4.35gig any game above this needs a toc refresh, if you do eventually have to do this an ideal original to get is devil may cry toc=4.37gig i dont think any single layer games are above this.
    hope this has been some help.

5. BigWang

BigWang Member

Yeah it has thanks, Ive been using GTA san andreas to do TOC refreshes and its worked pretty well so far.

6. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

so how exactly do u do the toc refresh? do you just switch out the disks thru a flip-top?

7. BigWang

BigWang Member

I hit the eject button and insert GTA:SA like any other normal game would go into the ps2, then i use the flip top and swap in my backup

8. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

So if you just put in San Andreas and then use the flip top to put in whatever backup game you want, then how do you stop San Andreas disc from spinning so that you can switch the discs out?

9. isack2230

isack2230 Member

he means, load ur ps2 up with swap magic, then take the swap magic disc out by means of the eject button... then insert the larger TOC disc and then swap the back up u want to play using flip top or w/e u have

10. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

thanx for the clarification isack