1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toc size on sm dvd

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by reader34, Jun 16, 2004.

1. reader34

reader34 Regular member

hi i think that i have figgured it out. the sm3 disc is 4.35GB and it should load games under that so like van helsing and splinter cell 2 work because they are under 2GB. i read the tuturial on how to boot up dvd backups using sm cd version and i did not have alot of success.i have the suffering and thats is 4.14GB so i thought that i could load up using a refresh toc using a orginal ps2 game with a bigger toc size. so i used man hunt and that was 4.37 so i thought yes its going to work so i pressed square for special boot it stated to load up the screen fliked twice and then frezzed,nothing happaned. I am using good media (ritek A grade DVD-r discs with the d04 die)and it usaly boots up nicely. i ve used them cd loader things and again nothing happaned. i even burned at 1X. plus im getting a bit naffed of because im wasting my good quality discs so do u recken there is way to get around it, i would apprachate the help.
    Thanks
    READER34

2. yugioh2me

yugioh2me Regular member

i think what you need is a dvd loader. I dont know where you can get it but the url is listed somewhere in the newer threads. you can check them out and see if it works. Also, have you tried cd loader a few times? you never know, it might work on like the 30th try.