1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOC ???????????????

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by SDempsey, Apr 28, 2005.

1. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

Hi, I have ripped Monsters inc onto my wifes laptop using shrink because it wont encode in the home pc because its scratched, in went onto the hard drive creating an ISO file, problem is now when I try to lift it off the laptop using decrypter I get this message Device not ready (unable to recover TOC) anybody know what this means

any help appreciated

Seamus

EDIT. Well ive come across some idiots in my time but I think I must be the biggest. I have just realised that the laptop DVD is not a burner just a player, I think I will just go and sit in the corner. :-(

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  2. colw

colw Active member

You are not alone - quite a few people get caught out with this one - you figured it out - many dont.

There are also the ones who can never work out why their CD Burner will not burn DVDs.

3. loveya

loveya Guest

I have a laptop too. My pc crash down last month. You might as well as go and buy a external DVD burner. I heard some are kinda cheap. Some are available at CircuitCity.com. (Iwas there yesterday) You can learned alot of stuff too. Such as what's RAM,Hardrive,and all kind of stuff.After that install DVD Shrink and DVD Decriptor(free).They worked great side by side. DVD Shrink- Rip to Hard Drive. DVD Decriptor-Burn to DVD-R. Hope this help.