1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomb Raider Legend skipping

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by diabolico, Jan 11, 2007.

1. diabolico

diabolico Member

I have a lite-on dvd burner and used both dvd decrypter and Alcohol 120%. I have used Nexxtecch DVD+R which had an id listed as 3rd class media, tried Memorex(i know they suck) and tried Sony -R and +R. I have tried at 8x, 4x, 2x and have tried to change booktype but nothing works. What I wind up with is a dvd where the splash screen is stuttering and stuck and occasionally the sound and/or dialogue stutters. Should I try different media, burner, program or just give up on that game? I have successfully backed up Pirates of the Caribbean. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

so is that game the only other game you have backed up?
    have 1 work and 1 not working is not a good enough indicator as to where the problem may be.
    also, how do you load your back ups? Swap Magic or a modchip?
    Pretty much all the media you have listed is junk. Some of the Sony discs are ok but it also depends on your burner and how well it burns that media brand.
    Things you can try:
    1. get better media. Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, Philips are my top 3
    i would stick with an 8X DVD-R disc burned at 4X with DVD Decrypter.
    2. look to see if your burner has any firmware updates available on the internet. This will help with media compatibility and burn quality.

I have used DVD Decrypter for years on both PS2 and Xbox games so i can tell you that the program works great.