1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tony Hawk's Underground will not load. The screen just stays black.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Stevenam, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Stevenam

Stevenam Member

I have a version 4 PS2 with a no solder mod chip. I have Swap Magic 2 discs on order but for now I am using Gameshark version 2. I have a Sony DRU-510A DVD +-R/+-RW burner. I use DVD Decrypter to make the ISO and RecordNow DX to burn the image on a TDK DVD-R at 2X. I also tried it at 1X but it did the same thing. I've burned 5 other games at 2X that work perfectly so I doubt its the speed. When I make the swap using gameshark it acts like it is going to load but then the screen stays black and nothing happens. I use Mortal Kombat Deady Alliance for the TOC. I'm hoping that this game will work when my swap magic 2 discs arrive but I have seen a post saying Tony Hawk's Underground didn't work with SM. I know its not the media I am using. My PS2 likes the TDK DVD-Rs. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this games to load?

2. pivets

pivets Member

I am having the same problem. I use the swap disks 2.o though. perhaps it is something that will be resolved when SD 3.o comes out.

3. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

I use Swap Magic 2.0 and I have a version 1-3 ps2 and it works fine. I burnt it on COMP USA DVD-R's at 1X. I just waited a little bit for the screen to load after the black and it worked.I used alchohol 120 to make image and burn it. BE PATIENT_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Pentium 4 2.8GHZ HT
    512 MB RAM
    120 GB hard drive
    Sony DRU510A DVD Burner (works GREAT for backing up)
    Geforce FX 5200 AGP 8X
    No coasters so far[/small]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2003